When to weight

Discussion in 'Weight Watchers' started by Sam, 23 November 2007 Social URL.

1. Sam

Sam Banned

I know that you should weight yourself in the morning and in no way in the evening-that is for sure. But often do you weight yourself. I usually do it every morning, but sometimes I get so frustrated because I haven't lost anything. How do you deal with this problem? I mean how often do you weight yourself? Daily? Weekly? Or even monthly?

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. Hedgemag

Hedgemag Cambridge Diet Counsellor

Diet:
    Cambridge
    I would only weigh once a week and first thing in the morning after a wee..

4. NikkiH

NikkiH Likes to eat

Start Weight:
    15st6lb
    Current Weight:
    12st11lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    2st9lb(17.13%)
    Diet:
    was weight watchers but are drifting apart, am having an affair with Lipotrim...
    sam,

You should definately, definately only weigh yourself once a week, at the same time(I prefer morning) and thats it - your weight will fluctuate up and down a thousand times during the week and you can only tell after a week - we can become obsessive about jumping on the scales and it doesnt do us any good - have learned this the hard way!! (my weigh day is tues) I have often hopped on scales on Thursday to find im dow 3lbs, hopped on the friday to find im up 4... and so on and on... BIGGEST ADVICE - STAY OFF THE SCALES TIL WEIGH DAY!!! (starlight will back me up on this one!! ) :)

5. Starlight

Starlight Gold Member

Diet:
    Weight Watchers
    Absolutely back you on this one Nikki ;)

Once a week is the way to go. I know if youve been doing a VLCD the temptation is there to keep hopping on once a day but its a REALLY bad idea on something like WW. My weight fluctuates SO much over the week, Id be totally disheartened if I paid attention to it.

Once a week and first thing in the morning :)

6. Sam

Sam Banned

Thanks a lot for sharing all your opinions with me. Maybe I should really think about my behavior, because you all suggest me to weigh only once a week. I think I should try it although it will be very difficult for me I guess. I am just to curious :) But probably then I would not be so frustrated anymore!

7. icemoose

icemoose The Diet Guy

Diet:
    Don't diet anymore!
    Difficult call this and definately an individual choice. If you get motivation from always looking at the reduced weight on the scale from when you started then go for it everyday but if you are going to become down in the dumps if it doesn't fall ever day then do it once a week.

The good thing with this is that whether or not the scales move every day or not if you stick to it you can't fail in being slim.

Mike

8. Starlight

Starlight Gold Member

Diet:
    Weight Watchers
    I think thats a big difference with WW & CD though, on CD you really can see a difference daily. On WW you tend not to. Youre probably really not likely to get hugely motivated by daily checks when youre on WW.

9. Jools

Jools Gold Member

Start Weight:
    16st8.0lb
    Current Weight:
    16st8.0lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    I threw away my scales at home as I was on the after every wee! I get weighed weekly at my meeting.

xx

10. paula 36

paula 36 Gold Member

yOUR DECISION CHICK JUST DONT GET OBSESSEDXX

11. Sam

Sam Banned

Yeah probably everybody has to decide individually when he or she wants to weigh. I never thought about the problem of different diets-maybe it is really better not to weigh every day it you are doing the weight watchers program, but if you are doing something else. At least you should weigh sometimes-otherwise you won't see any difference :)

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.