Red Days When vegetables become soup

How come that most veg on its own, is Ok, but when you stick it all together, add water and bung it in the slow cooker (therefore making soup) it becomes synfull?

Im not actually refering to the slow cooker as stated, but to a can or pouch of soup.

Home made soup doesn't have syns.

However, a pouch or a can doesn't just have veg in in, usually will have sugars and other additions

If you make it yourself its not synful at all - I think its more down to all the extra 'goodies' that is added in the processing for tinned soups. If you look at the ingredients you will be unable to read half of them and nearly all have some sort of wheat flour included and preservatives.

Sugars, starches, thickeners to name a few. Not forgetting the ton of salt they put in them (not synned but so bad!!!)

Thanks!.... sorted!! x

Just whislt on the soup subject... so if I was to bung a load of lean beef in there too, on a red day it would still be free?

Beef additions fine for a red day.

Another reason why tinned is synned (oooh a rhyme!) is because the whole process takes out much of the goodness the veggies have naturally. Veg and fruit have high nutritional value versus low calories once you start processing them their nutritional value falls making them more like 'empty' calories (just like chocolate, but nowehere near as nice)

xxxx

Got ya, thanks.

(I've just dug out my slow cooker!)

Back