When will the side effects stop??

rachael1664

Hi everyone, I'm now on day 3 of LT and I'm suffering with terrible tiredness/fatigue, feeling colder than usual and terrible headaches :-( how long will this last? I'm having a battle in my head between my will power and temptation.
I work nights and I'm hoping when I get home I will be in ketosis. Planning in staying on lipotrim until the end of Feb (if I last) please can you tell me when it gets easier?
Thank you
Rachael

Welcome Rachael :welcome2:

I am on day three myself, first day I was grumpy and yesterday I was shattered by the evening and my tummy was growling at me on and off throughout the day.

No headaches as yet but I think this is because I don't drink caffeine.

I am hoping to be in ketosis by the end of the day or at least by tomorrow.

You will know when you go into it the feeling of hunger will be reduced and in some it goes away altogether and you might taste the ketones on your breath and energy levels should be back to normal next week and again with some you might be lucky to have the ketosis high which a good feeling of well-being.

Hang in there because when you go to your first weight in you should have a real good one which will motivate you to keep going for the next week.

This week and to some extent next are the two hardest weeks.

By the end of February you could be two stone down.

Hi Hun,

It will go between days 4-5 but everyone is different. I was the same. If you're getting cold, have you tried the chicken soup as something warming, or a weak black tea? Keep up the great work... I know it's hard but it will be worth it... Just dig in !!! You'll be so happy at the end of week one...a day at a time is all you can do . If you start thinking about months down the line and how you're gonna survive it will drive you crazy.... So baby steps until you reach Ketosis ok? Keep distracted. X

Sent from my iPad using MiniMins

I'm on day three and in ketosis, I can taste it on my breath. Honest it does get much easier! And it's so worth it, I have head achs but normally go by day five. I'll be honest I constantly feel cold on this diet x

Thank you all so much for your advice. I'm living off water and black tea whilst at work :) also I can't take tablets with water lol I psych myself out. Which is not good considering I'm a nurse.

My vice is McDonald's, I would regularly pop in for a breakfast on the way home from work. But despite temptation dragging me towards it this morning, I have got home and I am in now ketosis.So that along with all your help has picked my spirits back up thank you.

I'm currently 5ft 6in and weigh 15st 12lb I would just be grateful for my uniform to fit better at the moment :)

Thanks again and I will let you know how my first weigh in goes x

Hi Racheal, am a nurse too n work 12.5hr long days n nights. So I can understand about the uniform situation. Last year I did LT for 3 month n lost over 3stones, had a 7 month break n back to lose the last 3st hopefully on 10 weeks. Planning to start re-feed on Valentines's day, n lose a few more lbs that way. Planning to get to 9st9 but I'll see how I feel at end of feb. I want to reach my goal by 18th of march.
Am on day 5 now, in ketosis n unfortunately I don't get the ketosis high like some get. But am determined to get to goal n wear all my dresses by end of march.
We can do it.
Xx

Day 3 here as well. Was super hungry yesterday, but tested positive for ketones last night and woke up with a taste in my mouth like something had died in there this morning ewwww. Furry teeth as well! Have been hungry today, but it has felt dampened down a little compared to yesterday. I think it takes a while for ketosis to get properly established and for you to get the full benefits from it. Hopefully a week or two should do the job :) Hang on tight until then ;) The results are SO worth it :) I've also felt rather weak and listless today and whilst my boys were at school and hubby at work, I did allow myself to sleep a bit. Appreciate not everyone has the luxury of time to be able to do that though!

Keep going. You can do this :) xx

I too work 12.5hour shifts and know how you feel! Also working in a medical environment everyone has an opinion!

I am trying to use the 'spare' time in breaks to talk to my peers....cant do that with a mouthful of food!

Im a nurse also but I've had the best support from my colleagues. They are more excited than I am for weigh in and always make sure to comment on how I'm looking slimmer. They're a great bunch. I find it easier to get my water in during work than at home.

Day 3 here as well. Was super hungry yesterday, but tested positive for ketones last night and woke up with a taste in my mouth like something had died in there this morning ewwww. Furry teeth as well! Have been hungry today, but it has felt dampened down a little compared to yesterday. I think it takes a while for ketosis to get properly established and for you to get the full benefits from it. Hopefully a week or two should do the job :) Hang on tight until then ;) The results are SO worth it :) I've also felt rather weak and listless today and whilst my boys were at school and hubby at work, I did allow myself to sleep a bit. Appreciate not everyone has the luxury of time to be able to do that though!

Keep going. You can do this :) xx

jAYNE!!!!!!!! How the devil are you? It's day 3 for me too. Good luck x

V12345 that's fantastic, does the weight loss slow down after the first two weeks?

Jayne lol I also feel like something's died in my mouth. My hunger has gone but my cravings for chocolate are still very much there :-/
I usually only need 4 hours sleep in the day, but whilst on LT im having a full 8 hours because I'm do exhausted.

Leahnnr I find it easier to drink water at work too.

All these side effects are making me think of how much rubbish I've been pigging out on.
I've brought a hot water bottle to work to help deal with the chills and I'm focusing on what it will be like to be able to breathe in my uniform :)

Hiya chick
Week 3 can b a small loss, but everybody is different! but other than than LT averages 1st a month n that's wat I achieved last time
As for choc craving, I do a mousse with my choc shake n it's as good as cadburry,
Am on day 6 today n weigh in tomoz, hopin to lose at least 10 lbs as my clothes hav gone so so big in just one week!
Xxx

Back