When you go to a coffee shop, Costa, Starbucks etc..

Sarah23fly

Want to lose a stone!
What do you get now youre on SW?

I got herbal tea or water. Pretty rubbish really. I used to get a skinny latte but now Im lost.

What do you get?

I'm fine, cos I always drank tea anyway.

Surely you can syn a skinny latte? Sometimes, at least?

(The big problem is not the drink, but the triple chocolate muffins!)

To be honesy I dont know how to syn a skinny latte. Its not in the green book, I havent found it on this site and most of all I dont know how many ml's they put in a drink. :(

Caffe Latte, Skimmed Milk, 1 short javascript:__doPostBack('ctl00$ctl0...1$GridView_Products$ctl06$LBADDExtraEasy','')3½ 3½ javascript:__doPostBack('ctl00$ctl0...h1$GridView_Products$ctl06$LBADDOriginal','')3½ javascript:__doPostBack('ctl00$ctl0...arch1$GridView_Products$ctl06$LBADDGreen','')Caffe Latte, Skimmed Milk, 1 tall javascript:__doPostBack('ctl00$ctl0...1$GridView_Products$ctl07$LBADDExtraEasy','')5 5 javascript:__doPostBack('ctl00$ctl0...h1$GridView_Products$ctl07$LBADDOriginal','')5 javascript:__doPostBack('ctl00$ctl0...arch1$GridView_Products$ctl07$LBADDGreen','')Caffe Latte, Skimmed Milk, 1 grande javascript:__doPostBack('ctl00$ctl0...1$GridView_Products$ctl08$LBADDExtraEasy','')6½ 6½ javascript:__doPostBack('ctl00$ctl0...h1$GridView_Products$ctl08$LBADDOriginal','')6½ javascript:__doPostBack('ctl00$ctl0...arch1$GridView_Products$ctl08$LBADDGreen','')

So, just once in a while, and not every day, surely you can have the latte that you really like?

I am a bit of a rebel, I have a skinny cappucino & count the milk as a HEa. Go for sugar free syrup if you can.

Just an idea, but how about taking an Options Hot Chocolate sachet (around 2 syns) with you, and just asking for hot water. You can make up your own low Syn hot chocolate once you're sat down at a table :)

Or like the others have said, just have your skinny latte. If it's a once in a while treat, and not an everyday occurance, you should be fine xx

I get a small skinny latte and use it as my HexA, the chocolate twist that sometimes accompanies it is another matter though *cough* :)

A medium skinny latte from costa is officially 6syns (although if you run it through the calculator it's more like 6.5 ;)) and I've checked (I thought it would be but better safe!) and it's just coffee and milk, so the syns are coming from skimmed milk so it could legitimately be your HExA (I sometimes take it that way because I won't get my full HExA otherwise).

The new costa light is 4 syns for the medium (same with syrup as it's sugar free and ends up being about 5 calories you get per cup from it) or 5 for a huge one, which might be a bit easier to fit into your syns (and the sugar free syrup does make you feel less like you're missing out on cake, as it's so sweet). It is mostly bubbles, but quite nice.

Aherm. We have a costa franchise in work (so I ask annoying questions and drink a lot of it)...

mrsthunderbolt said:
I am a bit of a rebel, I have a skinny cappucino & count the milk as a HEa. Go for sugar free syrup if you can.

Same here! I have one every Friday with friends and a fruit salad. I opt for caramel or hazelnut syrup which are quite nice! I've lost 3, 3.5, 1.5, 3.5 lbs over last 4 weeks so not going to change my tactics! :).

Coincidently, when I ate the majority of an almond croissant my son decided not to eat was the week I lost only 1.5 lbs... hence why I continue with the fruit salads! :)

I have a tall skinny sugar free vanilla latte.
The sugar free syrup is free and the milk equates to 4.5 syns (or an A choice in my book)

No need to stick to water or herbal tea :)

I usually have diet coke as I don't like tea or coffee but when winter comes I know I'll be drooling over a gorgeous hot chocolate with cream and marshmellows!!!

I sometimes have a skinny latte and count it as a hexa or I have a Jasmine green tea (really nice in Starbucks too.

I had a skinny latte today in Starbucks, asked hubby when he got them to remember to ask for a skinny one. He did, but when he came back I said "what size is that" and he said he had got the large one! Totally defeated the object of the skinny bit, BUT I did enjoy it ha ha

To be honesy I dont know how to syn a skinny latte. Its not in the green book, I havent found it on this site and most of all I dont know how many ml's they put in a drink. :(

When in doubt my C always says go for the rule that 1 syn is equal to 20 calories. So google starbucks calories and then work it out from there. That's what I did in mcd's having coffee ad a brownie the other day.

BTW I nearly always just have black coffee unless I really fancy a late.

Back