Where am I going wrong? D:

flossyxo

I weigh 10st 1lb and my target is 9st-9st 7lb. I have lost 7 stones in total since March 2013. However, I have only lost one stone since January despite eating well and joining the gym. I am finding it almost impossible to get into the 9 stone bracket and it's getting me down :( I darent eat anything "bad" because I'm so set on losing weight and tbh it's getting a bit of an obsession. I've really upped my exercise in the past few months and my diet but still finding it difficult.

I work out 5 times a week. For example this week I've ran 10k, done two spinning classes and the gym twice. I have a polar watch and usually burn between 300-600 calories a session.

A typical diet is all bran or porridge in the morning, plenty of fruit throughout the day with sushi, beans or salad for lunch and a proper home cooked meal every night (usually a slimming world recipe). I weigh my cereals, rice, pasta etc out.

HELP! I try switching my meals around so that my body doesn't get too used to them. I know I can lose weight because of the amount I've lost but i didn't think getting close to target would be this difficult!

Any suggestions? Thanks for reading.

I weigh 10st 1lb and my target is 9st-9st 7lb. I have lost 7 stones in total since March 2013. However, I have only lost one stone since January despite eating well and joining the gym. I am finding it almost impossible to get into the 9 stone bracket and it's getting me down :( I darent eat anything "bad" because I'm so set on losing weight and tbh it's getting a bit of an obsession. I've really upped my exercise in the past few months and my diet but still finding it difficult.

I work out 5 times a week. For example this week I've ran 10k, done two spinning classes and the gym twice. I have a polar watch and usually burn between 300-600 calories a session.

A typical diet is all bran or porridge in the morning, plenty of fruit throughout the day with sushi, beans or salad for lunch and a proper home cooked meal every night (usually a slimming world recipe). I weigh my cereals, rice, pasta etc out.

HELP! I try switching my meals around so that my body doesn't get too used to them. I know I can lose weight because of the amount I've lost but i didn't think getting close to target would be this difficult!

Any suggestions? Thanks for reading.

I know It sounds ridiculous but have a few days "off" not weeks.. Just a couple of days eating a bit differently, a bit higher calories. Then back to basics again. Sometimes I think our bodies get a bit used to our routine and the metabolism needs a kick start.
You may actually be at a weight your body is comfortable at.., and this last bit may not be needed. and you have done so well to lose so much it's amazing!! But if you feel you want that last 7-14lb then go for it !! So pleased for you xx

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Thank you and thanks for the reply :)

I am scared that if I do that I may gain weight! I have weighed myself this morning and there is a +1lb since yest! Wtf! ;( I work out a lot and people have told me muscle weighs more than fat, but I have a lot to tone up still so definetly not muscly! I feel like I'm trying to achieve the impossible right now.

I'm actually off to the gym now too.

When you have worked so hard to lose the weight its scary to eat 'normally' for fear of undoing the hard work. But all you need maybe is just to add 200/300 extra calories for a couple of days. They can be healthy ones or a treat. Just make it different. Then go back down.
You have plateaued as your body is only using the fuel it knows it gets. maybe increase the weights/resistance at the gym.
Don't worry, you will do it! X

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

When you have worked so hard to lose the weight its scary to eat 'normally' for fear of undoing the hard work. But all you need maybe is just to add 200/300 extra calories for a couple of days. They can be healthy ones or a treat. Just make it different. Then go back down.
You have plateaued as your body is only using the fuel it knows it gets. maybe increase the weights/resistance at the gym.
Don't worry, you will do it! X

Yes, this is exactly what I was going to say, you've plateaued and it may be best to shake things up a little. I've had this problem myself and I've found that having a couple of 'normal' days really helps. I know it's incredibly frustrating when you're obviously doing all the right things, but you will get there eventually!

I've eaten my full calorie intake today and yesterday and even skipped the gym. I'm going running tomorrow but hopefully I'll see a loss come friday and not a gain :(

Thanks for replying xx

Back