Where am I going wrong?

You're obviously proof yet again that SW DOES work!! Excellent results so far - keep it up. I would agree 7 stone in 18 months is perfectly possible. Well done.

that's brilliant and also quite inspirational cos i think we all have those times where we fall into the trap of thinking if we don't eat the healthy extras and syns we will lose more weight and it just goes to show that eating MORE is actually better! What a great diet to be on where eating more means weighing less :)
well done you are doing amazingly x

This thread should be compulsory reading for all new-starters who have a big loss in the first week, little or no loss the second week, stay the same the third and give up on the plan in week 4, saying it doesn't work for them. Well done on sticking with it and trusting the plan. Keep the faith lol

Hiya a great loss so far and some amazing comments of support, well done. x

Hi Everyone, well I'm back. A Hugh Thankyou to everyone for your very kind words of support. It means alot and keeps me going each week.

Sadly though only a small loss of 1.5lbs this week. But at least it's put my through the 18st barrier to 17st 12.5lbs.

Not a Hugh surprise as I was working nights again last week, which throws my body and eating out of the window. Although I kept to the plan as best I could, I did end up missing some A and B choices, and was pretty much living on fruit and tinned spaghetti. I was also only eating less than 5 syns a day. As it seems if I don't eat these Syns, then my body holds onto the weight.

Anyway that was last week. Back on normal working hours next week, which means back to the plan as its meant to be. Breakfast with cereal and strawberrys to start. Maybe a jacket potatoe with some slimmers world bolognise and salad for lunch, and what ever main course for evening meal. As well as getting around 10 syns a day down my neck. :)

Cant get to slimmers world due to work next week, then away on holiday the week after, so next official weigh in won't be until first week of July.

Only main issue I can see is the wonderful Cornish Pasty and real ale pubs that are down west. ;) might have to treat myself once anyway.

Aiming for around 17St 5lbs for my weigh in July, that will give me my club 10 :)

Despite the low loss, somehow I still managed to walk away with Slimmer of the week. :)

Good luck for next few weeks Guys and Gals.

Ill update soon.

Cowboy10uk

Why not try HiFi bars or similar when you're working nights. They are yummmmy and can be used as HXB or syns.

Well done by the way on your weight loss, asking the right questions and taking the advice. Good luck on your holiday - enjoy the ale and pasties, but remember all in moderation!!!

Sadly though only a small loss of 1.5lbs this week. But at least it's put my through the 18st barrier to 17st 12.5lbs.

Your 'small' loss of 1.5lb would be 42lb by the end of the year. It is 28 weeks until new years eve. 1.5x28= 3 stone. So if you 'only' lost 1.5lb a week you would be almost at target by the end of the year. A lot faster than your 18 month goal! Celebrate your 'small' losses. After all, they're not that small and they are getting you were you need to go.. and you are doing really well :D

(ps you will probably be at target before end of year :) You will probably average about 2.5lb per week, making you at target before new years)

Well I'm back, after my 3 weeks away and the latest update is......... 6lb off :D

Really happy, now got my 2st and Club 10 awards. Have to say, I am still quite surprised just how well this works. I seem to be averaging 2lbs a week now, which means I should be on target for my 13 St.

Again thanks for your support everyone.

Cowboy10uk

Well done. You know how to do it now, so just keep going :)

Hi all, just another update, although bet you're all getting bored now. :)

4lbs off, 2.5 st award and slimmer of the week. :)

So now 17st 2lb

Really can't believe how well this is working. Best thing is I don't even feel like I'm dieting

Cowboy10uk

Not at all, that's a fantastic achievement in a very short space of time. It certainly shows how much is possible to achieve by sticking to the plan.

A very well done from me on both 2.5st award and SOTW! I'm both impressed and inspired from reading this thread. thank you for keeping us updated :)

4lbs off, 2.5 st award and slimmer of the week. :)

So now 17st 2lb

Really can't believe how well this is working. Best thing is I don't even feel like I'm dieting

Cowboy10uk

Well done, Cowboy - brilliant achievement!

thats amazing well done!! :) keep up the hard work!!

also how did ur wife get you to join? lol i keep trying to get my hubby to give it a go (not necessarily to go to group, just follow it with me, but he said fat free food is tasteless!! he eats SW meals as i do the cooking and he would starve if he didnt lol, but he will still eats PACKS of biscuits about 3/4 choc bars at a time, 3/4 packs of crisps at a time, and will still get a 15" pizza and eat the hwole thing!! and not only is this unhealthy for him its torture that he keeps bringing this food into our house!! lol xXx (sorry to hijack ur thread, just wondered if u had any advice, or is it a case of it will be when he is ready?)

Sadly for you, I was the same and I am now aware just how hard it must have been for my poor wife trying to do slimming world by herself. Poor thing hardly lost anything in 2 yrs.

I felt the same as your hubby, slimming food would be awful and not taste of anything. How wrong I was. Cook him sausage egg and chips ( slimming world recipe of course ) burger and chips, steak, sticky chicken etc, none of it looks like or tastes like diet food but damn does it work.

For me, it clicked when I hit 20st, I just knew I had to do something, sadly I don't think it's something you can force him to do, he has to want to do it, for it to work.

However I'm sure sooner or later it will just click in his mind. Since I started not only have I managed a stunning weight loss that I wouldn't have thought possible in my wildest dreams, but my wonderful wife has also lost over a stone. :) so doing it together is certainly easier. Also it helps that she's refused to get biscuits or crisps with the shopping. :(

I know it's not what you want to hear and for that I'm sorry. But us blokes are stubborn sods. :)

Cowboy10uk

P.s. don't worry about hijacking thread, more than happy to answer any questions.

aw wthankyou for replying! i am doing ok without him, just got my 2st yay! :) and he eats the dinners i cook, which i love n think they tate mor than yummy but god does he moan!! lol we have SW burgers.."not enough grease in em" "dont like chips" "u call this a pizza" "whats this green stuff" "wheres the cheese sauce" lol these r the kinda things i get from him! lol bloody men lol sorry, not all of you obviously! lol
and i too refuse to buy biscuits, choc, crisp etc in shopping (otherwise id eatit) but he goes n buys them himself! grrr lol
i do worry about him, he is about 16st i guess (was 15.6 when he weuighed himself last year) but he is only 5'7 so a BMI of about 35?? , so not too healthy, i was hoping with me doing SW and cooking the dinners he would chnage his mind but nope not yet! lol :( just a case of waitin gi suppose xXx

I had the same problem, loolahoop. I'm marrying MrL in February next year, and we've been talking about dieting for a while now - but he "wanted to get his birthday out of the way" first, then it was my birthday, then it got to the point where I just said, "right, this is the date we're starting, come or don't come, but just don't whine about it, because I am doing it anyway" It's been three weeks now, and I have lost ten pounds, and he has lost seven. He's still a bit lackadaisical/reluctant about it, but, at least the weight is coming off us both!

Back