Where am I going wrong?

Hi everyone, this is my first post on here so I'm hoping you can help!

I did Slimming World last year and did amazingly well but I smoked back then and really didn't eat much at all anyway as smoking is such an appetite supressant. But then last November, I found out I was pregnant (after many years trying) so gave up smoking. I now have my little boy who is 9 weeks old (I'm stopped breastfeeding after a couple of weeks) and haven't taken smoking back up but want to get back on the diet but I'm really struggling. I've been doing it for 3 weeks now and have barely lost anything. I know 3 weeks isn't a long time but last time I did this diet, I lost 5lbs in the first week. So I'm just wondering if you could tell me if I'm going wrong anywhere with what I eat. This is an example of a typical day:

Breakfast:

2 x bacon (fat removed) cooked in fry light, baked beans, fried egg (fried in fry light)

Lunch:

Chicken with some BBQ seasoning, jacket potato and baked beans or veg, with some salad cream/mayonnaise (always light or extra light)

Dinner:

Beefburger (homemade using extra lean mince) in a wholemeal roll and homemade chips (using potatoes and cooked in the oven in a little fry light and ketchup. I might also have bacon (again fat removed) and low fat cheese.

Snacks will include:

Muller Lights and fruit. Or sometimes I have a packet of crisps - like the Velvet Crunch ones that are only 81 calories per pack.

My syns I generally use on wine! I have a small glass of an evening.

Does this seem ok or am I not eating enough or am I eating the wrong things? Last time, the lady at SW said that I wasn't eating enough and it would hinder my weight loss but it didn't because I lost 2 stone.

Last edited:
Hi from the menu you have posted looks like your not having your 3rd super free with your meals. You could add tinned toms and mushrooms to your breakfast. Your lunch would be ok with the veg but your not getting your super free if you have beans instead. There's no super free with your tea either. With homemade burgers I would usually have some onions, peppers and mushrooms dry fried on the side a large salad or homemade coleslaw with syned extra light mayo.

I'm presuming your doing EE and that your HeX and syms are weighed and measured too?

I think I'll need to get my SW books back out. I didn't realise you had to have super free foods with every meal. I'm going to have to re-read. I think I probably lost so much weight last time because I barely ate anything!

You need to aim for 1/3 of your plate as Superfree. From what you have put on there, you are eating 3 large, high carb meals a day. Although they are free foods, not having 1/3rd superfree is allowing you to fill your plate with higher calorie foods.

I don't always have 1/3 superfree with my dinner, but this is offset by my breakfast and lunch - breakfast is a banana and a yoghurt, and lunch is normally a couple of slices of chickpea Dahl loaf, or a frittata with salad. So my lunch and breakfast are usually 50% superfree.

I would agree with all above comments. If you are doing ee, and most do now, it is mandatory to have 1/3rd of every meal consisting of superfree, or have a large bowl of fruit or salad before your meal to exercise portion control. :)

Deffo agree with above. U either do green or red days as normal or u mix the two but u must have 1/3 super free for it to work other wise people would just have a mound of chicken and slimming world chips and that won't do u good. The 1/3 super free fills u up and is very low cal and stops u over filling ur plate. Also apparently the super free helps digest all the rest

5lbs loss on your first week is amazing! Keep going with it and you'll get the hang of it soon. So don't lose too much faith!

Back