Where are all the curly wurly's?!

dreamslim

Silver Member
I wanted to make the curly surly scan bran cake and went to no less than 2 shops where I live and neither have any curly wurly's and after asking at both they said they haven't seen them at the wholesalers for months!!!!! I know that the supermarket has some but are they just using up stock/suppliers stocks?!?! Does this mean I will never get to try curly wurly scan bran cake?!?!?!?!

The curly wurly factory closed down.... it was in the papers a couple of months ago. A lady in my group brought the clipping to group, we were all quite devasted!

xx

Nooooooooo!!!!!! I love curly wurly's generally and when I discovered a slimming world cake out of them I thought I'd died and gone to heaven. Now what?!
Oh well, options hot choc might go some way to making up for it. :)

Stackhead said:
The curly wurly factory closed down.... it was in the papers a couple of months ago. A lady in my group brought the clipping to group, we were all quite devasted!

xx

NOOOOOOOOO! so does this mean that I need to stock up on them as they'll shortly be no more????

The factory closed down months ago but production was transferred elsewhere

Starlight said:
The factory closed down months ago but production was transferred elsewhere

Phew! :D

more importantly ... I can make a cake out of curly wurlies?????!!

Receipe please. Now! :)

I want that recipe too!!!!

I got it from the sw website and loads people in my group have been raving about it. I'll copy and paste it tomorrow coz I can't do it from my phone.

Here you go all............
information

Serves: 1
Prep time:
Cook time:
Syns per serving:
bullet-amazing-support.gif
bullet-root.gif
bullet-healthy-eating.gif

ingredients

4 Scan Bran
2 eggs
3 or 4 tbsp sweetener (to taste)
1 sachet Belgian Choc Options
26g Curly Wurly bar

method

1. Soak the Scan Bran in boiling water to soften. Then drain and mash.
2. Beat the eggs and stir into mix, along with the sweetener and Belgian Choc Options
3. Chop the Curly Wurly into pieces and add to the mix
4. Pour the mixture into a microwavable bowl and cook for around 6 minutes. When cooked the cake will be springy to the touch and will have pulled away from the side.

Tip: Chef's tip: For those who don’t have a microwave, you can cook the cake on 200°C/Gas Mark 6 for approximately 30 minutes.

It's just 12 Syns for the whole cake and can be divided into as many slices as you like.

Mmm not had a curly wurly for years, not really seen them around either. I know not so long ago the pound shop used to sell them in packs of 4 and I'm sure my local one still does.

Yeah, I know a couple of shops, mostly supermarkets, that have them but don't see them in newsagents or anything much anymore.

My little local shop/post office stocks them & my small local Asda stocks them in the packs of 5. :) xx

jack fulton's do 6 for £1!!

Back