Where can i buy.......

shell09

Silver Member
Hi all thanks for looking may be a silly question but I've been looking for turkey mince n can't seem to find it n I'd like to start using it as an alternative to the lean beef mince

I've looked in sainsburys and tescos fresh n frozen section n they are both big stores..... I'm assuming it's there n I'm just overlooking it can somebody just let me know where they get it from

Thanks in advance guys!

Aha thanks!! I don't have an asda any where near by but will give tescos another shot! Thanks again

Tesco dark turkey mince is 3 syns per 100g, only the white meat mince is free. xx

:-0 jeez thanks for that I thought it was all the same!! Note to self find WHITE turkey mince!!

The darker stuff is the thigh meat. I used to use it all the time for bologneses and burgers and lost, but like you I thought it was free and it's not. The other stuff is pure minced turkey breast meat. You get less in the pack though.

I actually stopped buying it, buy cheap frozen chicken breast, defrost it and put it in the food processor instead now.

You need to check the fat content. It depends what part of the turkey is used. If it is 5% or less it is free.

There was something going the rounds a while back saying that SW had said that Sainsbury's was the only free one, but in fact Waitrose is lower in fat than Sainsbury's.

Off to sainsburys on a mission I'm not coming out unless armed with WHITE turkey mince LESS THAN 5% FAT!

AnnaFaraday said:
You need to check the fat content. It depends what part of the turkey is used. If it is 5% or less it is free.

There was something going the rounds a while back saying that SW had said that Sainsbury's was the only free one, but in fact Waitrose is lower in fat than Sainsbury's.

We were talking about mince in group a week or so back and they confirmed it is just the one turkey mince from sainsburys that is free :)

http://www.minimins.com/slimming-world-weight-loss-diary/187905-jos-journey-infinity-beyond.html

Back