Where can you buy rice pancakes?!

Discussion in 'Slimming World' started by funcurls, 21 March 2010 Social URL.

1. funcurls

funcurls Never gets tired of SW!

Goal Weight:
    10st10lb
    Badges:
    Maintainer
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    I want to make the duck rolls from the March/April SW mag- I bought the duck, cucumber, spring onions and hoisin sauce but can't find the rice pancakes for love nor money (short of buying the big 'kit' which I don't want to do!) Is it only Swanseas' supermarkets which fail to come up with the goods? Waitrose (during my shop in Cardifff) failed to cough up too! Tut tut!! Has anyone seen them? Apparently Blue Dragon make them!X

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. Circes

Circes Strutting her stuff

Start Weight:
    17st12lb
    Current Weight:
    10st7lb
    Lost(%):
    7st5lb(41.2%)
    Badges:
    Maintainer
    Diet:
    Slimming World
  4. NewSlimmerMe

NewSlimmerMe Full Member

Diet:
    Slimming world - Body Optimise
    I've only ever seen them in the Chinese cash and carry type places, and even then only in the big ones.

I just Googled them and you can buy them online, not a very quick way to get them though!

5. funcurls

Goal Weight:
    10st10lb
    Badges:
    Maintainer
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    Panic over, I went to a Chinese supermarket earlier and got some (102 for £3 in the frozen section! A bargain at 3p each I thought!) Thanks anyway guys!X

6. StaceyUK

StaceyUK Gold Member

Start Weight:
    18st1.6lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st10lb
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    Let us know if the recipe is nice. I might try making them for buffet night!

7. funcurls

Goal Weight:
    10st10lb
    Badges:
    Maintainer
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    Actually Stacey I didn't use the duck breasts featured in the recipe- I bought a pack of 2 duck legs (far cheaper), roasted them on high, removed the skin (that was hard to resist I assure you!!) and broke up the meat like they do in the restaurants with 2 forks! And I cheated on the sauce, I just used bog standard hoisin sauce which I lurrrrve(1.5 syns per tablespoon- I spread 1 tspn- 1/2 syn- on each pancake) then chucked some strips of cucumber and spring onion in followed by some duck! I gave my dh some skin in his so he felt like he was having proper crispy duck but I must say mine were so delish I didn't miss the skin!! The pancakes are 1 syn each- When I was eating them it gave me the idea to use them for other fillings as an alternative to sandwiches and tortilla wraps- far fewer syns and really yummy! Coronation chicken would work well I reckon as would tuna mixed with veg, Hellmans XL & sweet chilli sauce!! Just an idea for your buffet! Nice finger food because they're quite smalllXXX

8. StaceyUK

StaceyUK Gold Member

Start Weight:
    18st1.6lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st10lb
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    So were the chinese pancakes only 1/2 syn per pancake (without the filling)? Are they the same as the rice flour pancakes? Just wondering whether to order online or not!

9. funcurls

Goal Weight:
    10st10lb
    Badges:
    Maintainer
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    They're 1 syn each Stacey- the Blue Dragon ones (which I was unable to find in any of the supermarkets) are apparently 24 cals each, but the ones I bought from the Chinese s'market have the nutritional info in Chinese and I didn't think to ask the chap in the shop what it said- duuhh! Yes they are rice flour pancakes- you can make your own, but the rice flour would probably cost me as much as the pancakes did (102 for £3)X

10. Simmy1978

Simmy1978 Full Member

Start Weight:
    13st3lb
    Current Weight:
    11st3lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    2st0lb(15.14%)
    Diet:
    Cambridge
    ooohh sounds nice! i might try the tuna one!!

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.