Where can you buy rice pancakes?!

funcurls

Never gets tired of SW!
I want to make the duck rolls from the March/April SW mag- I bought the duck, cucumber, spring onions and hoisin sauce but can't find the rice pancakes for love nor money (short of buying the big 'kit' which I don't want to do!) Is it only Swanseas' supermarkets which fail to come up with the goods? Waitrose (during my shop in Cardifff) failed to cough up too! Tut tut!! Has anyone seen them? Apparently Blue Dragon make them!X

I've only ever seen them in the Chinese cash and carry type places, and even then only in the big ones.

I just Googled them and you can buy them online, not a very quick way to get them though!

Panic over, I went to a Chinese supermarket earlier and got some (102 for £3 in the frozen section! A bargain at 3p each I thought!) Thanks anyway guys!X

Actually Stacey I didn't use the duck breasts featured in the recipe- I bought a pack of 2 duck legs (far cheaper), roasted them on high, removed the skin (that was hard to resist I assure you!!) and broke up the meat like they do in the restaurants with 2 forks! And I cheated on the sauce, I just used bog standard hoisin sauce which I lurrrrve(1.5 syns per tablespoon- I spread 1 tspn- 1/2 syn- on each pancake) then chucked some strips of cucumber and spring onion in followed by some duck! I gave my dh some skin in his so he felt like he was having proper crispy duck but I must say mine were so delish I didn't miss the skin!! The pancakes are 1 syn each- When I was eating them it gave me the idea to use them for other fillings as an alternative to sandwiches and tortilla wraps- far fewer syns and really yummy! Coronation chicken would work well I reckon as would tuna mixed with veg, Hellmans XL & sweet chilli sauce!! Just an idea for your buffet! Nice finger food because they're quite smalllXXX

They're 1 syn each Stacey- the Blue Dragon ones (which I was unable to find in any of the supermarkets) are apparently 24 cals each, but the ones I bought from the Chinese s'market have the nutritional info in Chinese and I didn't think to ask the chap in the shop what it said- duuhh! Yes they are rice flour pancakes- you can make your own, but the rice flour would probably cost me as much as the pancakes did (102 for £3)X

Back