Where did you find your VCLD?

Discussion in 'Very Low Calorie Diets' started by Coley, 21 November 2006 Social URL.

1. Coley

Coley Re-starter

Start Weight:
    13st9lb
    Current Weight:
    11st5lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    2st4lb(16.75%)
    Diet:
    Cambridge
    Just being a bit nosey and wondering how we call came to be on our respective diets??:):):):)

In the case of me...I was being a nosey thing watching "Desperate Dieters" on Discovery health some.........gosh...2 years ago:)eek:) and saw an asian girl doing the Howards Way Diet. Couldn't remember the name of the ruddy thing so went to the DH site to find out!!! and hey presto!!! a massive bunch of peeps!!!

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. kazz

kazz Gold Member

Diet:
    WW
    Em, saw an ad for LL in the local paper here, wanted to try it, went to the info session, realised I couldnt afford it, found the CD website and sent them an email on the offchance there was a CDC here....and there was...so here I am almost 8 weeks later and over 2 stone lighter!!

4. B-D

B-D Full Member

Diet:
    Cambridge Diet
    Heard about LL from BFA (British Franchise Association) programme and when I decided that I needed it, someone on mumsnet.com mentioned that CD was a better and cheaper option.

5. Coley

Coley Re-starter

Start Weight:
    13st9lb
    Current Weight:
    11st5lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    2st4lb(16.75%)
    Diet:
    Cambridge
    adverts actually work? i'm confused!!:confused:

6. MadamDotty

MadamDotty Back again!

Diet:
    The Harcombe Diet
    After being my heaviest in January this year, I saw an ad on telly for the Lighter Life mag. I didn't realise it was a diet, thought it was about healthy living, got the mag & read it from cover to cover with tears in my eyes at all the long-term success stories. I googled LL on the internet & came across CD, spent all weekend thinking I couldn't possibly do it but read & re-read so many posts on the DH Forum & Mike's (Icemoose) blog & just knew it was the answer I'd been looking for.

So glad I did.

7. clairejen

clairejen Lurker

Diet:
    JUDDDish
    I had done Cambridge in the early days, not that I was particularly overweight then but that's another story. I recalled it as being very limited, but since I didn't have to do it for long and the results were good I thought it worth another try. It has changed dramatically, I think Cambridge should advertise that fact more because there are quite a few people who tried it in the early days and think it is still the same.
    Oh and I found my CDC on the Cambridge website, she's lovely.

8. KD

KD Gone fishing

Diet:
    Was Cambridge, now maintaining
    LOL. Me too. Never watch them. Advert time is for getting on with other things ;)

I did the Cambridge diet when it was in it's infancy some 20 odd years ago. I had seen a report in the paper about this new idea and wrote to whoever it was that was doing it. They wrote back and said I could try it if I sent them a cheque.

I did....it worked, but it wasn't anything like how it is these days. No CDC, few flavours, no electric whisk ;)

I came off it but didn't do any stabilisation. Didn't know anything about that. Then I promptly forgot about it.

I was reminded again when watching Desperate dieters and found one of the many CDC's around here;)

9. Gill-cdthing

Gill-cdthing Gone, but who cares huh

i came across mikes blog by accident and thoguht what a nutter lol but then i read it through and i was hooked

10. icemoose

icemoose The Diet Guy

Diet:
    Don't diet anymore!
    lol thanks!!

11. Kate

Kate CDC/PT/PITA

A friend of mine was doing LL and pretty much hid away from everyone for about six weeks - she wanted to leave it longer but we went round to her house so she couldn't hide it :)

So she told me about it, and I was very worried about her, not being familiar with VLCDs (I was aware of them from my sports nutrition training but we didn't go into any detail, just that if a client was on a VLCD they should be encouraged to eat more if they were planning to start an exercise programme!), so I did a load of research into it, then when she was about ten weeks in and she'd lost 3 stone I realised I was going to be 30 in about...ten weeks.

I was 2 stone 13lb lighter on my birthday :)

ETA: I did CD, not LL

Last edited: 22 November 2006
  12. westhills

westhills I STILL mean it!

Start Weight:
    21st9lb
    Current Weight:
    12st10lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st3lb
    Lost(%):
    8st13lb(41.25%)
    I also saw an advertisement for LL and went to their website. Wish I'd found CD first though, it would have saved me a lot of money, as I did 14 weeks LL first.
    Ann x

13. Gill-cdthing

Gill-cdthing Gone, but who cares huh

i should add i thought you were a nutter for doing the diet, but then i read it through :)

14. canireallydothis!!

canireallydothis!! Gold Member

Diet:
    Cambridge!
    My mother and father in law did it and have done great, they have Mike as a counsellor.

They told me what they did and gave me mikes blog to look at.

Some 5 months later I am 2lbs off goal!!

So after thinking I could never do it, Yep I have!!

15. dizzy-n-mizzy

dizzy-n-mizzy Not dieting ATM!

Diet:
    Together we lost 8 stone on CD.
    I had never really been one for following diet plans always used to do my own thing to lose weight or keep weight down. But in the last 3-4 years after the birth of my third child my binge eating was escalating with each stressful episode of life.

I tried slimming world for a few months 2 years ago but when the next stressful event came along I couldn't stick to it and packed it in. A year and another stone on I decided that something had to be done. I was intrigued by cambridge diet had heard of it for years and remembered seeing a channel 4 TV show which compared diets and it was on there. I was always better at abstaining than eating moderately and I now felt my problem was big enough for this type of diet and felt my eating was out of control and I wouldn't follow a food diet so started googling to find out pro and cons. Saw some negatives which worried me because I suffer from migraines and thought it wouldn't be suitable but still interested. Then I saw Icemoose on GMTV he mentioned he did CD (although they didn't seem to want to go into that) and I started to thing it would be worth a try again. Checked out the CD website and couple of weeks later phoned to find a counsellor.

So glad I tried it was so much easier to follow than food diet and my migraines improved immediately as well as all my other ailments.

So Icemoose played a part in my decision too. Thanks Mike!

Dizzy x

16. canireallydothis!!

canireallydothis!! Gold Member

Diet:
    Cambridge!
    Mike, please dont let your head get big!!!!!

17. dizzy-n-mizzy

Diet:
    True it may get be out of proportion with your body! Like a boy bratz doll!!

Dizzy x

18. Avatar

MiniMins.com Advert

Register an account for free to disable ads in threads!
  19. Crystal

Crystal Member

I was at a wedding fayre, dreading the fact that I was going to have to go dress shopping again - I'd already been sent packing by one snotty woman in a horrible dress shop as 'we don't have anything that will fit you in here..' on my first attempt..

Quite frankly at this point, I was simply dreading getting married full stop as I didn't want to have everyone looking at me the size I was. Lighter Life had a stall at the wedding fayre, but I didn't really look at them as I was really just ambling round to keep my mum happy. The Counsellor on the stall thrust a load of literature at me as I walked past which I took home and read..

In June this year I got married 5 stone lighter, in a size 12 dress!!!! Some of my own guests didn't recognise me and passed me in the hotel corridor..

I know how much a VLCD has completely changed my life - I just wish I'd found out about it sooner, and then I could've enjoyed being in my twenties and feeling the way I do now!

dizzy-n-mizzy likes this.
  20. magickmel

magickmel Loves VLCD's !

Diet:
    Lighter Life and now CD
    I saw stories about LL in magazines and was impressed. I also put LL in google to do some research and also found Mike's blog. What a life changing man you are Mike ! Then I used the LL website who put me in touch with a LLC. Only found about about CD when I started using this site properly. Don't think they advertise in the same way as LL seem to ?

21. dizzy-n-mizzy

Diet:
    A really lovely story. Sure you will inspire a few with this post!

Dizzy x

22. Princess

Princess 2nd Time Lucky!

Start Weight:
    17st9lb
    Current Weight:
    17st9lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    CD
    Well I was gonna be doing Weight watchers (again) and decided to have a wee look for some advise as I had a lot of weight to lose, Stumbled upon the discovery health forums who were all raving about VLCD and cambridge and lighter life etc. I thought to myself what on earth?? these must be mad 'fad' diets. i will avoid those!
    But after researching more and seeing the success stories. I thought hey this sounds bloody good! Im gonna get me on the CD!
    The rest is history... :D

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.