Where have I gone wrong?

Piella!!!

Ive been doing AAMweek and am on day 3 so far. Ive been on 100% SS for 4 weeks now. Ive been following the 810 plan just for this week but knocked myself straight out of ketosis today...
The hunger pangs are driving me up the wall!!
What have I been doing wrong.?
Yesterday I had my 3 packs plus 140g of chicken breast and three small button shrooms....
HELP!!

are you having anything else as these would not knock you out of ketosis even if you were really sensitive... are you having pop or anything?

Love

The only thing I can think of is I had tabasco in my tommy soup yesterday.....
How long does it usually take to get back into K after being booted off, and is that even possible on 810?

I think on 810 your not in ketosis, but I may be wrong.. as it isn't classed as a VCLD. Tabasco shouldn't really affect you...

Sorry I can't be of more help.

Love

Tabasco is a no-no on Cambridge, but I know people who've never had any problems with it.

The chicken wont have knocked you out. Zero carbs. Very few carbs in mushrooms too, so a bit of a mystery. Any chance of it being psychological hunger? So hard to tell the two apart sometimes.

If you have come out of ketosis, then you should be back by tomorrow if you go back to SS again.

BTW, was it your choice to do the 810 programme?

I keto-weed earlier-absolutly no trace at all so I dont think its mental hunger but seeing the pale pink definatly hasnt helped...
I decided to go "old school" and do aam every 5 weeks.(Think thats the old CD plan)- I could feel myself starting to have issues with eating,ie:almost bursting into tears at the the thought of it, so thought it would be best to address that soon as. And an excuse to try nandos for the first time ever-drooooool.
Im hoping its the tabasco thats knocked me off and not the portion sizes, only because I brought all the rest of my food for the week today,and couldnt bear it to go to waste.So Im thinking I should stay on 810 until sat then straight back onto SS 100% sunday!...how long do you think it will take to get back into Ketosis KD? I took 3 days first time round so I assume its the same? thanks x

Just my 2p on VLCD and ketosis. First the medical definition of a VLCD is any diet that provides 800 kcal or less a day, so technically speaking 810 is not a VLCD, but 10 calories is nothing, believe me!

Also, you do not have to be on a VLCD to be in ketosis. Your body will enter ketosis whenever it needs to burn fat to get the energy it requires. Your body is lazy and will get its energy the easiest way possible - it will burn food taken in first, then glycogen, then body fat. All you need to do is to get your glycogen down, and then maintain that and a reasonable calorie defecit to be in ketosis. For example, I am currently taking in about 1100 kcal a day - 2 shakes a day, and a meal in the evening that is lo or no carbs. In the mornings I am in ketosis. I have tested later in the day and I remain in ketosis all day. I only drop out of ketosis when I eat my meal in the evening - and that is because my body is burning the ~650 calories I have just given it rather that burning fat. I have also worked out that if I go on the cross-trainer for an hour after eating, I can be back in ketosis before I go to bed.

As you may have guessed - I have been experimenting!

Just my 2p on VLCD and ketosis. First the medical definition of a VLCD is any diet that provides 800 kcal or less a day, so technically speaking 810 is not a VLCD, but 10 calories is nothing, believe me!

Also, you do not have to be on a VLCD to be in ketosis.

That's true. You can be in ketosis and have 4,000 calories. Ketosis happens usually when carbs are below a certain level. Doesn't have anything to do with calories.

Your body will enter ketosis whenever it needs to burn fat to get the energy it requires.

True again. Though you can be in ketosis and not lose weight if your calories are too high. You can also lose weight without being in ketosis.

Having said that, I'm told that the 810 programme is designed to bring people out of ketosis. Now this confuses me as whether you come out of it or not has more to do with which options you take from the list and also how carb sensitive you are.

Most people don't seem to come out at 810, especially if they chose the zero carb options such as chicken.

From a calorie viewpoint, 810 isn't a VLCD as steve says as it's over 800 calories. This is to go with the NICE recommendations that you can only be on a VLCD for 12 weeks, then you must have a break. Not that there is any proof that it's unsafe to do VLCD for longer, but that's the recommendations.

810 pushes it just over that level to keep within the guidelines.:clap:

I keto-weed earlier-absolutly no trace at all so I dont think its mental hunger but seeing the pale pink definatly hasnt helped...

The stix can be inaccurate. I never showed pink once. It will only show pink if there is an overflow of ketones in the urine. Ketones happen in the blood, so you can be in ketosis without getting a positive result on the stick.
I decided to go "old school" and do aam every 5 weeks.(Think thats the old CD plan)- I could feel myself starting to have issues with eating,ie:almost bursting into tears at the the thought of it, so thought it would be best to address that soon as.
that's a good idea. 12 weeks is psychologically too long for many people
And an excuse to try nandos for the first time ever-drooooool.
Ahh, you had your AAM at Nandos? The restaurant Nandos? If so, might there been something hidden in there. It can be so deceiving. Think you are getting something plain...and whoops, out of ketosis. Might have misread something here though.

So Im thinking I should stay on 810 until sat then straight back onto SS 100% sunday!...
I'm glad. I hear about people panicking and not giving it a chance. Hopefully you'll be okay now.

how long do you think it will take to get back into Ketosis KD? I took 3 days first time round so I assume its the same? thanks x
Probably tomorrow morning :) Hope so.

so how many calories in SS+ then please?

Back