Where is everyone?

Mat

taking control (again)
The site seems to have got really quiet since I was on here earlier in the year. Has anyone else noticed it, or is it just me?

Maybe loads of people reached their goal and have gone off to enjoy themselves. :D

It's a bit quiet right now, I agree but I think it's probably something to do with the time of year. A lot of people are thinking, 'can't do anything about my weight now, I'll do something after Christmas', I reckon. :)

That and the fact that Cambridge seems expensive to some (I find the opposite, but it depends on your situation I think) and everyone's minding the pennies so that they can afford Christmas.

My guess - it'll liven up around here in a few weeks time. :D

Anyway - nice to meet you, Mat. I'm celebrating today cos I finally managed to get through Day 1 again. I'm trying to take it one day at a time, not even think about how much I could lose in what time, etc. I'm just going to try plodding towards getting healthier!

It's a pretty busy time of year too I guess. But I know what you mean. There are a lot of the people who used to be on when I was here April - July time who seem to have disappeared now. And it is a lot quieter for sure.

Yep, I'd imagine there's people losing weight after xmas/before summer etc earlier in the year, whereas me? I just want that damn weight off ASAP, no way I was going to wait for January! :rotflmao:

there will be loads of people joining come jan i would expect! even though i didnt used to post alot and the beginning of the year i agree, there are a good few people i could think of that dont post on here any more... anyway- lets all keep focused on our weight loss before xmas and year and hope to all feel better than we have before! xx

Its certainly a lot quieter than when I last did CD over a year ago! I think its probably the time of year

Hi Mat,

I was on here when I was doing LL, then dropped off after I lost the weight, then came back on a briefly when I started regaining, dropped off, and now am back using CD to take it off. Like Jennikay -- I was not going to wait until January to start losing the weight. Also, I figured if I did not do something NOW it would be even more to take off. I suspect being on minimins will be like going to the gym in January -- maximum occupancy. All those New Years' Resolutions!

MM

just wait for all the " another newbie " threads in january, lol

I did wonder if it was the time of year or not, which is why I thought I'd ask. I was here last November for a short time, but being a newbie I didn't know if it was particularly busy or not.

So we are down to quality not quantity right now then, as anyone sticking to CD over Christmas (or mostly anyway) is going to be serious and determined. :D

Anyway - nice to meet you, Mat. I'm celebrating today cos I finally managed to get through Day 1 again. I'm trying to take it one day at a time, not even think about how much I could lose in what time, etc. I'm just going to try plodding towards getting healthier!

Nice to meet you too Suzie. Well done on getting through day 1, yesterday was day 1 for me too. I was wondering how much you have to lose, but my Mum taught me never to ask a girl about such things. I'm sure you'll soon be steaming towards your goal, rather than just plodding!! :D

wohooooo for all the hardcore christmas cambridgers!!! lol at sumayyah-newbie threads, and when that happens i will chuckle to myself about this converstaion! also another big reason fo me that cant be left is new years eve- i desperately want to go out in a nice frock and feel lovely! it will all be so worth the hard work...xx

I'm here! When I disappear it's because I've been bad and feel guilty, but I am being a good girl at the moment

I thought you might be flying off to Vegas this weekend, but its not long to wait Mrs.E.

Will you be off plan? I enjoyed LV - didn't eat much but lots of cocktails, ah ...thats maybe why I didn't have time to eat, lol

Hope that the US weather forecast is brighter than here x

5 days !! sarah.. 5 days wahoo

Lol ..not on plan AT ALL next wednesday to sunday will be eating..nothing to wild but not SS lol im due 810 this week again anyway but holding off till next week when i go away seems the right thing to do. Wont be drinking anything as tee total lol

I also hope the weather is good! be nice for a bit of sun!!

thanks x

have a fab time in vegas mrs.e, have never been would love to! Regarding the site being quiet mat, i first started viewing in sept & joined in oct, but have noticed it has got a bit quieter the last few weeks. I know its a v difficult diet period coming up but i am trying 2 change my way of thinking from pre-cd; which was well its xmas, friends birthday, bonfire nite, a sunday, lets just eat what i want! So am just trying 2 get as many good days in as i can & if i have a tricky day, get straight bk on it! Am less worried about crimbo as its only one day, more worried about all the social events & my hol 2 center parcs december & florida in jan. But not using them as an excuse 2 give up now! Will be staying on minimins as much as possible & look 4ward 2 c'ing u all here & supporting eachother xx

Nice to meet you too Suzie. Well done on getting through day 1, yesterday was day 1 for me too. I was wondering how much you have to lose, but my Mum taught me never to ask a girl about such things. I'm sure you'll soon be steaming towards your goal, rather than just plodding!! :D

LOL, bless ya! :D I hope so. I've got about 4 stones to lose, all told. I started on my CD journey back in October 2007, started out at a tad under 18 stones and got down to 12 stone by about May 2008 - and then lost the plot. I've been starting and stopping ever since, unfortuately, and currently I'm at the 14 stone-ish mark, sigh.

The trouble is, I'm no longer as fat as I was, so the same impetus to keep going isn't there anymore - hence trying to focus on getting healthier instead. When you've been a Size 24, it's easier to live with being a Size 16-18 (which is what I am now). But I do want to shrink again - which is why I keep on keeping on!

How's Day 2 going? I'm hanging in there, just about!

How's Day 2 going? I'm hanging in there, just about!

Day 2 has been fine thanks. I've been a bit busy, so haven't had as much water as I intended. I've managed 2.5 litres, but I'm not sure it's enough to keep the dreaded day 3 headache at bay. I'll just have to get up a bit earlier and get a few glasses down me I think.

I have to confess to hardly being aroud the general threads anymore, sorry........ not that i don't want to, just can't fit it in as easy any more. Running the team, and keeping up with diary takes up a lot of time, needing to focus more on maintenance issues and life is just getting busy! (festive stuff/work/family balance........going to stamp feet and demand that we have 36hr days!)xx

Back