where is my life going ?

pandora

finding my way again !
recently i have been feeling less than fulfilled with my life.
i am married with 2 girls aged 8 & 11, i work 3 nights a week as a nurse.
when i did my training i never saw myself as being a nurse 4 ever.
i hate working nights, but its what fits in with the family, they are too young to get themselves to school & hubby is out of the door at 7.30am, so going onto days is not a option.
i just feel like i want to do something with my life, i don't know what & i have no qualifications for anything else & need to earn at least the same as i allready earn.
i like being around people any one any ideas ???
i'm also failing dismally at any diet at the moment & feel like a fat bloater, all in all feeling quite naff about things at the mo
i have no money to do any expensive courses & poor credit raiting to get loans
xx :)

Last edited:
Have you thought about any distance learning, perhaps something you have always fancied doing.
I am in the middle of an Aromatherapy course and a massage course.
They weren`t cheap to do but most reputable places do interest free payment options now and can fit studying in around your family.

thing is, sassy, i don't really know what i fancy doing, so really i'm not any help to myself :(

How about becoming a CDC with your nursing plus knowledge of the diet you could do really well. And you could maybe join a nursing agency for bank staff whilst you got the business up and running.

Otherwise what about childminding??? Again you could do both from home.

Hun

I really don't know what to suggest about a career change. Unfortunately some courses can be expensive. Have you tried looking at something like LearnDirect which will give you ideas and also help you find courses and funding?

Here's the link:

learndirect - Distance Learning, Online Courses, Computer Courses and Adult Courses, Career Advice, UK

Sarah's suggestion about beauty therapy courses is good. My friend who has 2 young boys gave up her highly successful career and now works her own hours and is very happy.

You even have your own source of advise if you fancied it in your very lovely friend with her own salon.

Perhaps when school starts again you could canvass the other mum's about what they do and how they manage. Might as well pick other people's brains as much as possible.

Whatever you think/decide remember I'm here rooting for you and sending you lots of love and hugs xxx

How about becoming a CDC with your nursing plus knowledge of the diet you could do really well. And you could maybe join a nursing agency for bank staff whilst you got the business up and running.
my CDC was quite keen on me becoming a CDC myself, but at the time something held me back.
the thing is i am no longer doing CD & my BMI is too high. I think i would like to do it, but i'm not very business minded & worry how i'd get enough clients. I could't afford to go back to Cding again, catch 22 eh ?

Back