Where is the sun ????

I had the gain first as I went to SW after one of my binges where I had spent the previous few days eating rubbish and drinking wine - I wasn't too concerned though as knew I would be moving forawrd positively and trying to get into a good healthy routine - can you not work up the CD plans until your party then move over to SW - at least that way you will prepare yourself for eating full time - I think it is inevitable that there may be a small gain from changing straight over as there is a lot of food on SW - you have done well on CD - I do think though that after the first time it is never the same getting back into it. Good luck - keep us posted on what you decide.

Bev xx

Hi Fitz, yes im trying to work up the plans slowly but as my mind is made up for sw i just want to get into it. The strange thing is last couple of days i've eaten more and lost 2lb. Will never get my head around this slimming lark!

Hi Fitz
Hows the day going?
I so wanted to buy a twix when i popped to morrisons today but ididnt gonna save my syns and treat myself in the eveing ( not every eveing tho) gonna have a cheeky vodka tonight tho lol

Hi Guys

Hope everyone is ok - just had massive bowl of pasta for teas - chucked in a tin of chopped toms, spoonful of sweetner, some mixed herbs - mixed it all together & crumbled 42g of feta over the top (HEXA) - have to say - today is my first green day and I do feel pretty full - still got a muller to have and the rest of my 2 HEXB - another Alpen bar (had 1 @ work) & pkt of Ryvita Mini's - cannot believe I am eating all this - not had any syns so far either today !!!! Had scrabled eggs & beans for brekkie, lg jkt with cottage cheese for lunch & a couple pieces of fruit.

TBH I am getting worried that I am eating too much - surely I can't eat all this food and lose weight ?.......................

ok - so the scales went down - but only by 1.5lb - to be fair I have eaten LOADS this week and havn't felt deprived at all so I guess thats ok.

Am hoping for a bit more next week, am going to try and eat a bit less - have eaten plenty of fruit this week - maybe going to try and limit that a little - have had a very windy tummy so maybe that is why lol

Anyway down is good, down is a loss so heres to anoter down next week.

A loss is a loss whatever way you look at and all those slightly smaller losses add up to make a big big change! You can do this Fitz!

yeah you're right - i know

just was hoping for more with it being 1st week, I had eaten loads but have stuck to the plan properly - maybe just ate a bit too much - another lady sitting near me at class though did say she only lost 2 her 1st week then double that on wk 2 - hope I get a good loss next week - have had a little munch this evening though - but....... I have syned everything I have eaten tonight and will adjust it against what I have all week. So, although I have been a bit naughty - it is all accounted for and I won't just be "forgetting " about it.

thursday today folks - start of another sw week

today I have the morning off work and am writing letters for other jobs !!

Have been putting it off as closing dates are not for a while yet, but am going to get writing and get it over sith - I hate selling myself in a letter - still, has to be done

today's food is

B - 2 weetabix(hexb) & milk (hexa)

L - muller, banana, grapes & alpen bar (hexb)

T - 4 egg omelette & salad
strawberries & muller
alpen bar

SYNS - salad cream 2

thats it today as had a little treat after weigh in last night so accounting for it today

It's a step in the right direction Bev so well done! You are on track so here's hoping you get another good result next week xx

feeling really miserable tonight - I am just sooooo bloated and windy it is getting me down.

Re-arranged my day today and had a 2 egg omelette for lunch and wasnt going to have anything tonight but had a wander round town & felt hungry when came home.
Had a jkt with spaghetti and a muller.

Feeling bit low though tbh as I felt so uncomfortbl walking round with this giant hard tummy I felt like everyone was thinking I was pregnant !!! Not that it would have made any difference if they did anyhoo I guess as its not a strange phenomenon to be pregnant lol

Anyone else suffer like this ?
I did have IBS a few years back & I get the feeling that SW has flared it up again.

I am also finding that i am very windy! You seem to be having alot of green days - why not try a red day see if that helps!

yeah I may do that tomorrow as I have my parents here for the weekend & am hoping for sun tomorrow to have a bbq - have bought some lean mince to make burgers & some thin chicken strips & salmon so may try red tmoz to see what happens - tbh I am thinking about swapping back to WW - although I did feel hungry on that I didnt feel as miserable & windy as I do currently - I realise this is very fickle of me to chop & change but I am going to see how I get on for the rest of the week - yesterday I didnt have anything to eat all day as I just couldnt face it & honestly just wanted a wind free day lol - had my parents arriving last night & wanted to feel comfortable - just had a jkt & prawns for tea with a little salad & a muller.....felt fine with this, I had drank plenty water (I usually drink at least 2 litres on a normal day - still cant get out of the LL days there lol )during the day so didnt really feel too hungry but it certainly helped my tum.

Will see how the weekend goes - am cutting down trees in my garden with dad so we will be busy - see how the windy pops goes - least I'll be outside busy so will just blame it on dad !!!!!

I dont think you are really giving it a proper chance tbh. Why not stay with it for another week and see if you perk up a bit?

I agree with joanne, dont give up yet! You ate loads and still lost 1.5 pounds! Remember slow and steady wins the race!
Good luck with cutting down trees!
Claire

I think it is quite common to feel bloated and windy especially on green days, I have Crohns disease and this was how I felt before starting SW so in fact SW has actually improved my symptoms. I agree with the others, give it a chance you have only been on it a week. Your symptoms will subside ~ everyone loses weight at different speeds and if you read through the threads you will see that people who haven't lost as much their first week but did their second or third. 1.5lbs off is a good loss ~ if you were to lose that over a year that would be some weight loss!! Have a good weekend, xx

Last edited:
Hi All

I am going to stick with it for now - although I was hoping for a bigger weight loss, I was pleased that it was a loss - 1.5 lb a week is 6 stone in a year !!!

No, am more concerned about the bloating/wind, its hard when your clothes are tight due to weight gain anyway, but when they are bursting due to bloating.....now thats another thing - ever see that clip on the Young Ones years ago where Rik thought he was pregnant cos his belly was sooooo big and then he did the biggest bottom burp imaginable and it all went down...............remember ? picture the scene.............thats me !!!!!

Back