where is your waist?

melissa85

Silver Member
this is such a random question,

was just wondering where youre waist is cos i know that the bigger you are the higher up your waist is, my cdc doesnt know where to measure for the waist?

Ehh.. really? Umm.. at belly button I think?

I don't have a waist, I'm straight LOL! (need to work on that.....)

x

Honey i know where it should be!

Seriously, i measure mine about an inch or so above my belly button

xxx

MY cdc MEASURES MINE AT MY BELLY BUTTON, IF WE CAN FIND IT LOL

i've been measuring my waist at the slimmest part that goes in at the sides (ever so slightly might i add) on me its about 3 inches above my belly button.

When I got measured for my wedding dress last month, I asked what the official way of measuring your waist is (so I can do it myself in future for catalogues etc) and they said that the waist measurement is always taken at an inch above the belly button by dress-makers and clothes manufacturers.

Incidentally, I said to them I had always thought that my waist was just the slimmest part and they said it isn't.

Apparently a lot of people think the waist measurement is much higher up than it is too, to the point where they've had a lady before phoning in her under-bust measurement as she was slimmer there than at her real waist, so she thought THAT was her waist measurement! x

Being as it's slightly different for men and women, here's a handy diagram to help out anyone who looks in on this thread :)

PS Yes, I'm aware that the diagram says "widest part of the booty" but I didn't draw it, I only found it! :p

221measureart02.png

thanks everyone youve all been so helpful, love the diagrams pete.

mel xx

Great diagram! :) Shame my hips have belly AND Butt to be added! :rolleyes::sigh: Will be nice to know how big my hips are when I get to goal.. I can't honestly say I know!:eek:

Back