Where the bargains are at and anything else thats useful.

Ah bums, I was just in asda lastnight but didn't see these. Got myself some in Aldi's today though but cost £1.35 for 4 tins. Will have to look more closely for the bargains next time!

Tesco- extra lean mince 500g pack, 2 for £7 or 3 for £10.
I've stocked up so I can make batches of chilli, meatballs etc and freeze them :)

Do they honour Sainsburys vouchers at Tesco?

I think all of the supermarkets are honouring each others at the mo! Price wars!! X

So does that mean that you can go into any store with any voucher and they'll take it?

That's my understanding?

Maybe it's just here? Both out tesco and asda had signs out a few weeks ago saying 'we accept vouchers from asda/tesco/morrisons' with pictures of said vouchers on?

Don't take my word in case it is only my locals?

Our Asda & Tesco had the signs out a few weeks ago too, but they've gone now. However, doing our shop this week, i used one of the new (for our store) hand-held readers and when I got to the self check out I just scanned both my £4.50 Sainsbugs vouchers and they were both accepted.

Douwe Egberts The Flavour Collective coffee:
Just brought a jar in Tesco- £2.99 for a 50g jar :O
Anyone know where I can get it cheaper???

Just had a DE Flavour Collective coffee Roasted Hazlenut and OMG its amazing!! I'm even considering adding a teaspoon of drinking choc next time to make a mocha- style drink, but I'm also thinking that's a dangerous road to go down, as I used to be addicted to Costa mocha with Hazelnut syrup and it always made me crave a bar of Cadbury Whole Nut afterwards!!!!

Why do not you try it with some option.
I have to admit I'm not a fan of Options, I've tried many of the different flavours and don't find them very nice. I prefer to use real drinking chocolate. I think I may have to do it on a day when I've got all my 15 Syns left so I can have a small bar of whole nut too lol

I dont know how much they normally are cos i dont eat them but Home Bargains have mug shots for 33p

Also 2 x 2ltr bottles of pepsi.pepsi max for £1.80 I bought 8 lol

I have to admit I'm not a fan of Options, I've tried many of the different flavours and don't find them very nice. I prefer to use real drinking chocolate. I think I may have to do it on a day when I've got all my 15 Syns left so I can have a small bar of whole nut too lol

I agree with yu as I am not a fan of them either because of the sweetner in them. However, use them from time to time when I am desperate . I am the same with Mayo and other things - rather use the real thing and syn it.

I know this is not a food item but is useful.

Wilkinson have 15 medium zip lock fridge/freezer bags for 80p (5p each). Their non-offer one is £1.48 for 20 (7.5p each). Also picked up a set of 6 heart pastry rings £1.50, rolling pin £1. A lunch box £1.50 - one of those click & locks.

BHS had many items on offer 20-30% off

I love hot chocolate but find Option and Highlites a bit disappointing. However, today I tired galaxy Aero and it IS AMAZING!

2 syns for 10g of powder, make with hot water and its so rich and feels so naughty yet it really isnt!

on special at sainsburys £2.00 in a pouch.

I love hot chocolate but find Option and Highlites a bit disappointing. However, today I tired galaxy Aero and it IS AMAZING!

2 syns for 10g of powder, make with hot water and its so rich and feels so naughty yet it really isnt!

on special at sainsburys £2.00 in a pouch.
Oh sounds nice, I shall have to visit Sainsburys as well as Asda tomorrow ( that's 4 supermarkets in 2 days- Tesco and Waitrose today! Sad!)
I remember trying Maltesers I think it was and it wasn't very nice, my favourite is the Green & Blacks organic one- so lovely but I have no idea of the Syns and I don't think I want to know lol!!

I agree with yu as I am not a fan of them either because of the sweetner in them. However, use them from time to time when I am desperate . I am the same with Mayo and other things - rather use the real thing and syn it.
Yeh there's just some things you have to have the real thing!

Back