Where the bargains are at and anything else thats useful.

Well done Wacky Jacky, I bet you were delighted! I've always advocated doing this, getting to know your local stores, and when they 'do' and where they put the chuck outs!

In my experience (several years of being a 'vulture'!), it's very unusual to reduce the NEXT days items so low, so lucky you!

Last night in Asda we got 3 big bags of chopped swede/carrot @ 10p each, and a bag of baby green leaves, mainly spinach, also 10p, and that lot went into a huge pot in the microwave with some onion and stock cubes to stew down. Today it will be wizzed/frozen for soup.

We also got strawberries for 25p a punnet, blueberries @ 10p, oranges at 5 for 15p, celariac for 15p (never used this before!), a swede for 15p, prepared fruit salad @ 15p, a bag of apples @ 10p, brocc 10p, and big packs of cauli, carrot and brocc at ridiculous prices! Nearly forgot, we also got 2 huge bags of loose bananas at just 10p a bag!

Tonight for dinner we had several lots of ready prepared veg packs, which we were able to microwave in their bags, covered in vlf cottage cheese, followed by prepared watermelon (earlier chuck out!) and the fruit salad, with vlf yogurt! Well, we HAD to eat lots of it - no room in the fridge!!!

It's also worth finding out where local stores put their 'scratch and dent' goods. Bashed tins, close dated packets and jars and damaged boxes can be amazingly cheap, but if it's an item you are not familiar with, my advice would be to CHECK the shelf price. Several times we have found the chuck out price HIGHER than the shelf price of the same item - probably due to different pack sizes and human error!

HAPPY HUNTING!!!

Last edited:
Batchelors Savory Rice

Morrisons have Batchelors Savory Rice on BOGOF at the moment. :D

It's fun searching for the :airquote:"Whoopsies" in Asda (so called cos they have a yellow "Whoops!" sticker on!). At least, it makes shopping trips more entertaining to see how many bargains you can find! Or is that just me?!!....... :crazy:

Farmfoods

Cauldron falafel bites - 59p

Cauldron Foods Falafel Bites, 240g pack, frozen 15g each

red.gif
Original 1 Syns
green.gif
Green ½ Syn

Alpen lights - £1

I got Alpens in farmfoods for a £1!!

Morrisons:
4-pack of Branston Beans £1
4-pack of Batchelors Original Mushy Peas £1
2 tins of mackerel fillets (think it was Princes?) for £1.50

Grabbed the Aplen lights from tescos and also managed to het some Ainsley Cous Cous from Asda, currently doing the packs for £1 for 2 packs. I always have a pack for lunchtime, really tasty and only 1-2 syns.

Batchelors savoury rice is 4 for £1 as are Batchelors low fat super noddles at asda at the moment!

Meant to post sooner, but last Wednesday, Tescos had chilled Quorn Peppered Steaks at half price - 2 for £1.07! Hope they're still on offer...

Activia FF now available in large single pots and on offer in Asda at 4 for £1.
Only strawberry, raspberry and peach flavours as far as I could see.

Or if you love your Mullerlights - 3 x 6-packs for £5.

Back