Where the bargains are at and anything else thats useful.

Went to Morrisons today. They have Mullerlights 8 for £2.00. They also had the frozen quorn mince for about 80p a bag (can't remember exactly - definitely less than a pound!). They also had the quorn mini kiev's frozen (10 in a pack and 1 syn each) on offer at £1 reduced from £2.29. I've never had them before but bought a pack to try. They had some of the fruit and veg on offer at 30p a pack again (includes tray of 4 kiwi fruit, tray of 4 apples, small bag of carrotts, bag of onions).

Also popped into Asda and they had the Mullerlight 6 packs on offer at 2 for £3.00.

Both Mullerlight offers work out at 25p each.

I have just seen in Sainburys they now do be good to yourself cottage cheese in yoghurt pots. Perfect to take to lunch at work, and if you only want one every now and then without eating the whole pot before it goes mouldy.

That's good innit JemmaBe!! I always find the larger pots a pain when I only want a small amount at a time! Thanks for that!

I think i shall be raiding the Mullerlights then, they are my life line when i get hungry before bed. Just the thing i find LoL.

hi all just got in from asda, ww bread 2 for a £1,
muller light 6 pack 2 for £3,
pork mince £1 a pack
and lowlow cheese is £1 a pack as well.

Why is it not syn free????

i thought it was syn free.
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif] [/FONT]Just done a frantic bit of searching on here and found this.

Basic/Non Branded Foods Pork, Pork, mince, standard 28g raw

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]
red.gif
[/FONT] Original 1½ Syns [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]
green.gif
[/FONT] Green 3 Syns

[/FONT][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Basic/Non Branded Foods Pork, Pork, mince, extra lean 28g raw
[/FONT]
red.gif
[/FONT] Original Free [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]
green.gif
[/FONT] Green 1½ Syns
[/FONT]​

if i have standard mince of any sort i normally boil it to remove fat the drain it and rinse it with boiling water.
Still Think at a £1 a pack it was agood buy.

Last edited:
Just done a frantic bit of searching on here and found this.

red.gif
green.gif
[/FONT] Green 3 Syns
[/FONT][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]​

[/FONT][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Basic/Non Branded Foods Pork, Pork, mince, extra lean 28g raw[/FONT]

red.gif
green.gif
[/FONT] Green 1½ Syns
[/FONT]​

if i have standard mince of any sort i normally boil it to remove fat the drain it and rinse it with boiling water.
Pork mince extra lean is free according to the food optimising book and it was featured in a sausage recipe in this months magazine. perhaps you have to pay more for it to be free xx

Completely forgot until I saw it on another thread, but a few days ago Morrison's had 4-packs of Branston baked beans for 89p!

We use these every day, and as it's so much easier to handle the shrink wrapped packs I thought it was worth repeating on here! Just hope they've got some left, we bought loads...

Just done a frantic bit of searching on here and found this.

red.gif
green.gif
[/FONT] Green 3 Syns
[/FONT][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]​

[/FONT][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Basic/Non Branded Foods Pork, Pork, mince, extra lean 28g raw[/FONT]

red.gif
green.gif
[/FONT] Green 1½ Syns
[/FONT]​

SW have said that rinsing standard mince in boiling water does not make it syn free I'm afraid.

Ordinary pork is in itself quite high in fat and when the supermarkets put meats on very low price offers like this it's rarely the extra lean versions.

SW have said that rinsing standard mince in boiling water does not make it syn free I'm afraid.

Ordinary pork is in itself quite high in fat and when the supermarkets put meats on very low price offers like this it's rarely the extra lean versions.

Hi Circes, i know its just something iv always done with mince as i dont like the fat in it, tends to be with beef mince. only started buying things like pork and turkey mince since starting slimming world again.

but hey i thought it was a good buy, just fished the pack back out the freezer for details.
its Asda british pork mince typically less than 10% fat. 300g packs.

B&M are selling slimming world tuna 79p for a double Pack. I tried the creamy tomato, really tasty and only 1 syn.

Back