Where the bargains are at and anything else thats useful.

Hi, I love these yogurts too, being a type 1 diabetic its great they have zero added sugar.

One thing I think some of you might be concerned about is that not all the flavours are suitable for vegetarians :eek:. The one flavour that most list as their favourate, strawberry is actually the only yogurt in the range 'Not suitable for vegetarians'. Why is this? Well its the colouring dye they use, cochineal, which is created by the cooking of thousands of cochineal insects and extracted from their bodies once dried.

Just thought its best I share that with you, I've forwarded my concerns to danone.

Hi, I love these yogurts too, being a type 1 diabetic its great they have zero added sugar.

One thing I think some of you might be concerned about is that not all the flavours are suitable for vegetarians :eek:. The one flavour that most list as their favourate, strawberry is actually the only yogurt in the range 'Not suitable for vegetarians'. Why is this? Well its the colouring dye they use, cochineal, which is created by the cooking of thousands of cochineal insects and extracted from their bodies once dried.

Just thought its best I share that with you, I've forwarded my concerns to danone.

:eek: That has now grimmed me out a bit :jelous:

I would love to try these yogurts but not keen on lumps in yogurt which is why I tend to have the banana, manderin, toffee, vanilla, and choc sprinkles mullers are there any of the danone or activia that dont have lumps of fruit. I do like fruit, its just years ago I had a strawb muller and a bit of the strawb in it was part stalk and gritty yuk and since then not been able to eat lumpy yogurts lol

Asda Sweetfire Chilli Cottage Cheese (VFF)

This is absolutely devine.

I go to Asda especially for it, and get very upset if they're out of stock. It's got a lovely sweet heat, and is fab on salad (instead of dressing) or with jacket potato or wedges, or just as a snack with some celery sticks. I just hope they don't stop doing it.

I agree it is gorgeous, but not syn free Hun.

Its 0.5 syns per 100g on all plans. Definitely worth it though!

After hearing good things about it i got it at the weekend to try :)

Think I might do something with it today, don't usually like the texture of cottage cheese though so not too sure what to try with it!

X

Cheers Mrs V. Didn't realise that I need to syn it. The pot is 300g, so it's still only 1.5 syns for the whole pot - def worth it. x

Icklerockchick - I know what you mean about the texture. I used to hate it when I was little / young. When I tried it again as an adult I suddenly didn't mind it for some reason. Let us know if you think of some exciting new way of serving it. x

Last edited:
Went to B&M store yest and they have pasta n sauce for 49p each, also had super noodles (but sure on the price of them)

This is absolutely devine.

I go to Asda especially for it, and get very upset if they're out of stock. It's got a lovely sweet heat, and is fab on salad (instead of dressing) or with jacket potato or wedges, or just as a snack with some celery sticks. I just hope they don't stop doing it.

5051413650141_21000_IDShot_2.jpeg
is this the 1 ?

Dairy Lea Light (4 triangles = HEA) - 46p for 8 triangles in Morrisons, also saw an advert for their 30p veggies and mushrooms and pears were included too.

Dairy Lea Light (4 triangles = HEA) - 46p for 8 triangles in Morrisons, also saw an advert for their 30p veggies and mushrooms and pears were included too.

I think it is 5 light triangles and 6 extra light x x

Asda's have a 8 pack of Crosse & Blackwell pasta & sauces (chicken & mush & Cheese & Brocolli) were £3.00 a pack now just £1.50!! BARGAIN!!

Back