Where the bargains are at and anything else thats useful.

My local Asda are still doing the Crosse & Blackwell Pasta n sauce - box of 8 for £1.50. Don't know if it's nationwide as another Asda I went in didn't have any. Chicken & mushroom are syn free, cheese & broccoli are 0.5 syn.

It's always worth remembering that batchelor's pasta & sauce and savoury rices are on permanent BOGOF in Iceland - so 2 for 89p

I know this has been mentioned before but it might be worth mentioning again - www.approvedfood.co.uk (online delivery of food that has been discontinued/reached its BB date etc) have a lot of ryvita products in atm some still well in date too. (Also good value for drinks, couscous, and other goodies suitable for SW.)

I had an order delivered this week including case of 24 packs Ryvita Cheddar and Onion Minis for 99p (BBE 12/2010), 10x packs of Ryvita Fruit Crunch for 99p (BBE 04/2010 so only just!) 20 x 2 portion pack (great for packed lunch) of Sesame Ryvita for 99p (BBE 07/2010) and other bits like Natures Valley cereal bars (111 cals so I will Syn them) and sparkling water case of 12 for 99p.
I know it may not be for everyone, but I find the expense of all the 'extras' is managed by ordering these.
(Postage is £5.25 by courier for upto 28kg - I usually make my order up with diet drinks/water and a typical order costs less than £20 delivered for a LOT of goodies!)

HTHS :) xx

Cupcake, I've fancied trying approvedfoods but what puts me off is its not clear if you can chose delivery time. Is it possible to chose when you take delivery?

Hi - I don't think you can choose delivery time, but what I have had is a text to say its been despatched, then the next day I get another text saying an hour slot it will be delivered in (my slot this week was between 11.19am and 12.19pm and it came at 11.30 on the dot).

You do have the option from that text to reply and postpone to the next day or day after if not convenient.

So whilst not exactly choosing the day, its not too bad knowing day before it is coming, then the hour slot its coming in. (this week I ordered Tuesday, despatched text Wednesday, delivered Thursday am but its not always that quick).

Thats been my experience - hth :)

morrisons have the weightwatchers 4pks of yogurts half price at 69p....stocked up today :)

Tesco have Yeo Valley FF 450g yoghurts not only reduced to £1 but also on BOGOF - a bargain even though they aren't syn free. I got a couple of the vanilla ones for my SW rice pudding and only 4.5 syns for the pot.

Alpen and Mullers!!

Jack Fultons are doing Alpen Light 5 for £1
Netto's 6 Muller light for £1.48

Hope your all doing well, i love this site!!!!

Asda
Batchelors pasta and Sauce, all varieties (including the wholegrain) 5 for £2, meaning 40p a packet.
Steaks in freezer section - reduced from £5 to £2.43 for 2

Morrisons are selling fresh Sea Bass for £2.00 each again, these can be frozen. There is a limit of 3 per customer though.

solero's are 1 pound a box (sorry no pound sign on my foreign computer) in sainsbury's at 5 syns each they are my new syn pleasure :D:D

Morrisons are selling fresh Sea Bass for £2.00 each again, these can be frozen. There is a limit of 3 per customer though.

Awesome, I love their sea bass - i get the fishmonger to de-bone and fillet it for me!!! yummmers! x

Tesco have mullerlites bogof .. £2.39 for 6 so get 12 for £2.39!!!

I just checked this online and its the multipacks of 6 (which is fine :D)

Just so's you know :D

Alpen light bars are £1.00 in tescos at the moment (5 pack!)
I stocked up!
x​

oooo do you know when that started as I paid normal price on sunday I was just wondering if its nationwide

wahooo....stock up time me thinks thanks for that one carebearx

Back