Where the bargains are at and anything else thats useful.

Dolmio Original Light Bolognese Sauce, jar 500g jar

extraeasy.gif
8½ Syns on Extra Easy
red.gif
Original 8½ Syns
green.gif
Green 8½ Syns

Thanks Sarah!
Not too bad seeing as that would be split up between a few people and could be packed out with lots of veggies. Might treat myself to a jar or 3 for a quick evening meal.

Ooh well if you find one Pesty please let me know. I've just had a call from Curry's to say the only one is an ex display one with no box or manual, so I'm going to try and beat them down on price haha only thing is I've never used a blender before, I'm guessing it's nothing more complex than just plugging it in and the sticking it in the food is it?

haha no its no more complicated than that!!

How can you beat them down from £1.99?? lol

I've had what i consider to be an ingenious idea!! Im going to buy one of those 'clip and close' storage jars (you can get one the same size and shape as a blender jar) that way i can store it straight in the fridge if i want to :)

Failing that there is this one Braun Beaker Assy Mix MR5000 | BuySpares

But its £4.41 and the clip and close im sure are cheaper. Failing that you can just buy a plastic cup!! xx

Morrisons

LF Super noodles: 4 for £2
Punnet of strawberries: £1

Mug shots are any 5 for £2 at Tesco :)

haha no its no more complicated than that!!

How can you beat them down from £1.99?? lol

I've had what i consider to be an ingenious idea!! Im going to buy one of those 'clip and close' storage jars (you can get one the same size and shape as a blender jar) that way i can store it straight in the fridge if i want to :)

Haha well I tried to beat them down, saying there is no box, manual, it's ex display so lots of people would have been touching it etc and I was winning the guy over, till his sour faced manager came over and said I could have it at the price stated or not have it at all. It was worth a try though lol :D

I think your idea is brilliant and I'll keep an eye out for one of those - ideal for taking soup to work

Caz xx

Dont know whether its all Asda's - but i picked up a large bottle of Heinz Extra Light salad cream this afternoon for............................... 10p!

x

Dont know whether its all Asda's - but i picked up a large bottle of Heinz Extra Light salad cream this afternoon for............................... 10p!

x

:eek:

What's going on there???

Too bad I don't like salad cream - though I'm tempted to check this out anyway!

I bought 4 bags of pasta last week when they were BOGOF how dare they increase the offer to buy 1 get 2 free!!!
Wonder if I've got enough room in the cupboards for a few more bags?!!
Anybody know how many syns the dolmio light is??

I picked up the wee 320g jars, and they work out at 3.5 syns for the jar.

Split between 2 of us, 2 syns a dinner is okay I think :D

Maybe I'm doing something wrong with the dolmio light?

I have just been back onto SW website and entered the following nutritional information:

Per 100g of dolmio light
33kcals
Protein 1.5g
Carbs 6.3g
Fat 0.2g

I entered it as portion size 500g (assuming a whole jar was used) extra easy and put pasta and quorn as free foods

It said free on green, original and extra easy.

I've been eating it as a free food. :confused:

Oh somethings wrong. If I search on dolmio I get

Dolmio Original Light Bolognese Sauce, jar 500g jar

extraeasy.gif
8½ Syns on Extra Easy
red.gif
Original 8½ Syns
green.gif
Green 8½ Syns

but I don 't get that when I enter the nutritional info. how strange.

Maybe I'm doing something wrong with the dolmio light?

I have just been back onto SW website and entered the following nutritional information:

Per 100g of dolmio light
33kcals
Protein 1.5g
Carbs 6.3g
Fat 0.2g

I entered it as portion size 500g (assuming a whole jar was used) extra easy and put pasta and quorn as free foods

It said free on green, original and extra easy.

I've been eating it as a free food. :confused:

Does the jar of sauce include the pasta and quorn then? I've never used them.

If anyone could help me out Id appreciate it. Surely something that is 33cals per 100g can't be 8.5 syns a jar? Also it says the 320g jars are 5.5syns.

when you are working it out with the calculator.. I believe it is only in the sauce.. so the free food would be tomatoes as there are a some in there.. but not much else to be honest.. jars of sauces are very rarely going to be free foods

Yep the nutritional values are for the sauce alone so you can't then say there is an allowance for pasta and quorn because you haven't entered any info about them. And as far as I remember sauces are not eligible for a free food allowance anyway - but check the list under the help section. There's not really any reason to use the calculator when the product is listed online anyway as any free food allowance will already have been taken into account.

dolmio light

hiya, i have just had a look in my directory. ORIGINAL LIGHT BOLOGNESE sauce 320g is 5.5 syns 500g jar is 8.5 syns and 750g is 12.5 syns hope this helps

Back