Where the bargains are at and anything else thats useful.

went to Morrisons yesterday, all of the eat smart range is (I think) 20/25% off. I bought the sausages for £1.47, which is even cheaper for me as my son works for their abbitoir so I get another 10% off!

Their Nom yoghurts, which although are not for us SW'ers but OK for family, are only 25p each.

I also bought a chip mesh/tray thingy for only £2, which I think is a bargain!

20 packs of Quorn sausages

I cleared the shelf in Asda of their chilled Quorn sausages 6 in a pack £1.00 (normally £2.10)

Love them hot and cold but a recipe or two might be useful any ideas

:)

Well, I just couldn't get away with them, but some people can.

Obviously toad-in-the-hole and especially a veggi-packed sausage casserole must be high on the list:)

Bangers and mash with laughing cow used to cream/flavour the mash. Possibly 2syns for 142ml of Bisto pork gravy?

I love fry's veggie sausages which are free, these are some meals I do with them.

Sausage and veg casserole
Sausage and bean chilli
Sausage and tomato pasta
Sausage, mash and veg
Sausage, lentil and rosemary stew
Fry up
Sausage soup
Sausage sandwich

Hope this helps, otherwise why not look on the BBC food site? You can search for recipes by ingredients and then alter recipes to be SW friendly :)

I had them this evening for the 1st time, and yes the £1 version from Asda, with mash, but I tried quark, made it creamy, but I'mhlad I had gravy, kale and processed peas, so an 'old' dinner with very little SW tweeking.
I did think they'd be good as a version of cassoulet , using tinned lentils and tinned mixed veg... gonna try that later in the week.

I haven't worked out the syns yet (but the cals were low so should be ok) but Asda had these little sachets - same size as a colemans one that had a seasoning mix (either paprika, gRlic, BBQ, sweet and sour or herb) and a bag for shaking the meat up in and then cooking in. They were for chicken
Only 50p each!
I originally looked at the and thought the per serving cals seemed high but then I realised that included the chicken!
They look nice - will report back when I try one!

Co-op bargains!

I think the Co-op must have several SW members in their offer team as I've just popped in there & picked up:-

Multipack Quavers (10 bags) - 1/2 price @ £1.27
4-pack Snack-a-Jacks (S&V and Caramel) - £1, only 25p per bag!
Co-op wholemeal pitta bread - 2 packs for 80p! (HEB option)
They also had Smash on offer but had sold out.

:)

Do you mean you put on weight if you eat quorn sausages?

Got me worried now, as today I have had 9.

Erm...that seems a bit excessive even though they are a free food.

I've no idea how someone can even manage to eat that many in a day - I am a great believer in variety in all things and think it really important in helping you stay on plan long term

Sorry if this sounds a bit preachy :)

Erm...that seems a bit excessive even though they are a free food.

I've no idea how someone can even manage to eat that many in a day - I am a great believer in variety in all things and think it really important in helping you stay on plan long term

Sorry if this sounds a bit preachy :)

I usually have 3 but there were only 4 left in the bag today and I know I'd be gutted to eat just one with another meal!

Morrisons have 12 Muller Lights for £3 and Low Low half price!

Do you mean you put on weight if you eat quorn sausages?

Got me worried now, as today I have had 9.

No, not at all - I just can't get away with the taste (sorry should have made that clear) - wow! 9 of them! I couldn't manage two as they were not to my taste. Quorn mince in a chilli was fine though - probably as it was masked by all the other stuff lol

If anyone's interested in buying bathroom scales, Asda currently have some glass digital Salter ones, half price at £10! They look very good but I'm scared to open them as I promised myself I wouldn't own a set until target (1 stone to go!!!!) Thought I'd post this though because it's a good buy if anyone is in the market for some!X

Back