Where the bargains are at and anything else thats useful.

I usually buy tinned plum tomatoes & chop them myself- i know it's only saving 2p (Morrisons,tesco,asda & lidl all have basic tinned toms for 31p) but it all helps :) I usually make bol sauce with the tinned toms & blend it anyway so it makes no difference whether i get whole or chopped.

Forgot to post yesterday but I got a tray with 3 huge pieces of very thick cut rump steak for half price - £4.25 - from Morrisons.

Not something I can usually afford to buy as it should have been £9.50 for just 3 of us but at half price I figured it was time for a treat.

Non-food bargain - - Bio Oil . Brilliant for scars/stretch marks/mega skin conditioner.

Normally anything from £8 - £12 but on 31st March is only £3.99 in Aldi (cream & oil).

Thank you for that!

Ive always wanted to try the Bio Oil but it is soooo expensive. ive been using vaseline on all the really dry bits!!

I usually buy tinned plum tomatoes & chop them myself- i know it's only saving 2p (Morrisons,tesco,asda & lidl all have basic tinned toms for 31p) but it all helps :) I usually make bol sauce with the tinned toms & blend it anyway so it makes no difference whether i get whole or chopped.

I do that I use a scissors - open the can snip snip snip a few times inside the can - chopped toms :)

Ive always wanted to try the Bio Oil but it is soooo expensive. ive been using vaseline on all the really dry bits!!

Yes, I'm exactly the same. I've had some baby stretch marks for years & wondered if it'd help but the price always put me off (not a bikini person so wasn't that worried) I've now got surgery scars that might be visible with vest tops in Summer so will try it on them at this price.

Right, just had the asda order delivered!

2 heart of romaine lettuce - £1
Cantaloupe melon - £1

(Those are the only ones that really stuck out to me)

hi, morrisions are doing they're eat smart yoghurts(fat free like mullers, 5 for £2), shape yoghurts 75p a pack:D

Re bio oil

I have a large scar on my leg and when I went to see the skin doctor he told me not to waste my money on bio oil. He said an unperfumed mosituriser eg e45 would be much better but that the best healer was time. I had been using it but had actually stopped before that appointment because it was drying my scar out!

I know other people who swear by it though!

Mullerlights are 3 for £1 in Co-Op

Just back from Sainsbugs looking for the new Toffee Oaty Bars (success but not on offer) and new Double Choc Alpen Light (success 2 for £2.50) and found the Shape Choc, White & Toffee desserts for £1 each.
They also have most flavours (including the new Roast Pepper) of Philly Light cheese for £1 a tub.
Both Sainsbugs & Asda have the 6-pk Muller yogurts with choc sprinkles for £1.50.

Back