Where the bargains are at and anything else thats useful.

Ooh fab, thanks!

The best way to freeze cheese is to grate it first, that way you can use what you need when you need it etc. A block freezes fine and will slice ok when you defrost it but falls apart if you try to grate it after its been frozen.

Louise24 said:
The best way to freeze cheese is to grate it first, that way you can use what you need when you need it etc. A block freezes fine and will slice ok when you defrost it but falls apart if you try to grate it after its been frozen.

I freeze cheese from time to time, and grating is a great idea

Another idea is to cut / grate it into HEA sizes, and freeze individually in cheapo sandwich bags, that way you've a grab bag without having to think about it when you come to use it.

In Sainsburys...

WW yogs (4 pk) £1. They had citrus, fruit, desserts and fromage frais in my store, they've stopped doing the toffee and vanilla ones :(
8 kiwis (mine had 9!) 74p
Basic pears 500g (7 in my bag) 74p

Also in Sainsburys they have the philadelphia light all flavours including new roasted pepper, tomato and basil and spring onion and black pepper flavours £1 a tub.

I got a handy leaflet in one of my mags today...

Spend £50 or more on your first online grocery shop at tesco.com/groceries and get £10 off.

Enter code XXMAGS1 to get £10 off your first order delivered on or before 30th May 2011

This code can only be used once and is for new customers only xx

Yum, off to stock up on yogurts then. Went through an Activia phase but back to liking muller now!

Hi,

Just thought i'd mention that Yoo...light thing yogs are on offer in tesco, and i bought a load as FF thinking they'd be Syn free but they're not, as got sugar in. Just thought i'd share just in case anyone else thought they were getting a bargain :cry:. Ps they're not even that nice x

Do you not have a heron near you? Coz there sell 2 blocks of Low Low for £1.50...I'm well stocked up! X

Sorry not been back in a while - I don't think we have Heron stores in Wales - gutting! I'm stocked up on the catherdral city lighter now so will be OK for a few weeks again!

Co-op have Gammon joints on at half price at the moment, cooked one in the slow cooker last night and had lovely cold cuts today with salad out in the garden.

And also Wyke farms Somerset mature cheddar super light, this is very strong cheese and very nice. 4 syns 28g

Last edited:
my mum went sainsburys today and brought me back a tub of splenda which said"free 100 tablets inside" i thought they meant there were just coupons but opened it up and the free tablets were inside! haha i was well chuffed :) also theres some money off coupons inside too xxx

didn't I post that a few weeks ago?

ASDA also have the Phillidelphia on for £1..

Is it tomorrow that Aldi gets a new Super 6?

ColJack said:
Is it tomorrow that Aldi gets a new Super 6?

From what I can remember yes!

Asda

Fresh whole pinapple £1
Mango £1
Nutella 2 for £2
Bags of coxs apples 2 bags for £1.50

Back