Where the bargains are at and anything else thats useful.

Not sure if this is the right place for this but on Ideal World now they are doing the black Tefal Actifry with a cookbook for 111.11 and free postage but you need to do it now!!!! I have one for it! And you can spread it over 3 months interest free

rootsfran said:
Co-op have Gammon joints on at half price at the moment, cooked one in the slow cooker last night and had lovely cold cuts today with salad out in the garden.

And also Wyke farms Somerset mature cheddar super light, this is very strong cheese and very nice. 4 syns 28g

Hi how do you do it in the slow cooker please, I'd love to give this a go x

not a good idea to cook with diet coke, heating it releases something from the sweetner that breaks down to formaldehide in your body... not good..

Oh dear, thanks Col I had not remembered that, I was doing the ham in coke at Christmas and automatically thought I would sub it for diet, forgot about the aspartame thing.

I cooked yesterdays with a little bit of water, not much and a veg stock cube as I did not have any diet coke in, thanks for the reminder :ashamed0005:

Good morning,

always best to do some research before speading 'advice'.

The methanol produced by the metabolism of aspartame is absorbed and quickly converted into formaldehyde and then completely converted to formic acid.

The methanol from aspartame is unlikely to be a safety concern for several reasons. The amount of methanol in aspartame is less than that found in fruit juices and citrus fruits, and there are other dietary sources for methanol such as beverages. Therefore, the amount of methanol produced from aspartame is likely to be less than that from natural sources. With regards to formaldehyde, it is rapidly converted in the body, and the amounts of formaldehyde from the metabolism of aspartame is trivial when compared to the amounts produced routinely by the human body and from other foods and drugs.

Just back from aldi. Can remember 4 of the super 6. Not all were displayed though!

Cucumber
Broccoli
Tomatoes
Oranges

That sounds about right

Just to say that I agree that cooking with aspartame isn't a problem regarding the formaldehyde thing. As a chemist, I can assure you that the body breaks aspartame down into formaldehyde all by itself. As with everything, moderation is the key, so unless you are eating nothing but aspartame there is little issue.

Cook away :) I think the ham/diet coke thing sounds great and might give it a go myself!

I just saw an advert on the telly for Mullerlights at Morrisons... I think it was something amazing like 12 for £2!

I got a handy leaflet in one of my mags today...

Spend £50 or more on your first online grocery shop at tesco.com/groceries and get £10 off.

Enter code XXMAGS1 to get £10 off your first order delivered on or before 30th May 2011

This code can only be used once and is for new customers only xx

Just to let you know that I used my voucher tonight and it worked perfectly :)

rumbletummy said:
I just saw an advert on the telly for Mullerlights at Morrisons... I think it was something amazing like 12 for £2!

My mom saw that too! Amazing deal.

Tesco are doing 3 new no added sugar squashes, they have fizzy cola bottle , lemon sherbert and pear drop flavours and they are 88p for a 1litre bottle.

Went to asda yesterday in search of the cathedral city lighter offer for buy 1 get 2 free but I guess I was too late. They did have them on rollback though to £3 for the larger slab. I ended up getting an asda light mature slab and a Kerry low low 2 for £3. Worked out more weight than the cath city. Also got casserole packet sauces reduced at moment. Some are 33p or 5 for a £.

Went to asda yesterday in search of the cathedral city lighter offer for buy 1 get 2 free but I guess I was too late. They did have them on rollback though to £3 for the larger slab. I ended up getting an asda light mature slab and a Kerry low low 2 for £3. Worked out more weight than the cath city. Also got casserole packet sauces reduced at moment. Some are 33p or 5 for a £.

As far as I know, the cathedral city offer was Tesco's not ASDA - that's where I got mine anyway, think it may have expired by now though, not sure

Back