Where the bargains are at and anything else thats useful.

3x ainsley harriett cous cous for a £1 in asda

If it's on it own with some veggies as a meal then I would normally have the whole packet. If it is to accompany other food then I would have less. Personally I wouldn't snack on things like this because they are relatively high in calories.

If it's on it own with some veggies as a meal then I would normally have the whole packet. If it is to accompany other food then I would have less. Personally I wouldn't snack on things like this because they are relatively high in calories.

I've been eating the Asda Good for you Moroccoan style couscous which is 1.5 syns quite a lot - maybe this is why I gained last week?? Just looked at the packet 60g is 215 calories!! Thank you so much!

Last edited:
I've just got back from tescos and I picked up

3 pack of peppers - red, green and yellow - £1
fresh pineapples - £1
laughing cow light - bogof
cucumbers - 2 for £1
button mushrooms - 2 packs for £1.50
ranier cherries - half price
strawberries - half price
frozen quorn products - 3 for £5

oh and muller lights are 4 for £2 but that isn't anything too special, by the way, had anyone else noticed that they have majorly scaled down there range of muller lights now they have brought out their yoo range? bit of a bugger for muller lovers like myself because yoos aren't syn free :(

lovetosew said:
I've just got back from tescos and I picked up

3 pack of peppers - red, green and yellow - £1
fresh pineapples - £1
laughing cow light - bogof
cucumbers - 2 for £1
button mushrooms - 2 packs for £1.50
ranier cherries - half price
strawberries - half price
frozen quorn products - 3 for £5

oh and muller lights are 4 for £2 but that isn't anything too special, by the way, had anyone else noticed that they have majorly scaled down there range of muller lights now they have brought out their yoo range? bit of a bugger for muller lovers like myself because yoos aren't syn free :(

I noticed that too! ASDA it is then :/)

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Muller lights at Sainsbuy's at the moment are two multipacks of 6 yogurt for £5. This offer runs until 28th June according to their website!:D

aliscrapper said:
Not only is it Aldi's a bargain for veggies/fruit; but the pineapple was so sweet - much nicer than any of the pineapples I've bought from the supermarket!:D

I know the pineapples are arnt they. I get all my fresh fruit and veg from aldi... Then just get the branded stuff I need from Tesco or asda like oxo cubes, fry lite, super noodles etc x

I know the pineapples are arnt they. I get all my fresh fruit and veg from aldi... Then just get the branded stuff I need from Tesco or asda like oxo cubes, fry lite, super noodles etc x

Yes I think I'm going to do the same thing from next week - hubby only works round the corner from Aldi's!!:D

I'm going to go in Aldi's next week after weigh in to see if they sell the beans and pulses cheaper than the supermarket?? X

maybe we could start a thread where people can buy things from other people that thay cant get,maybe not fresh fruit and veg but things like chicken bovril,curry oxos,spag bol oxos, things like that

Oh good idea ;) I can't get Hi-fi bars or WW crisps (the crinkle sweet chilli ones are only 3.5 syns) :D

gonnabesmall said:
maybe we could start a thread where people can buy things from other people that thay cant get,maybe not fresh fruit and veg but things like chicken bovril,curry oxos,spag bol oxos, things like that

Great idea, in fact we're one step ahead huni lol!! Doing a wee jig thinking about getting my deli blue cheese lol x

aliscrapper said:
Oh no! How annoying!:mad: Do you have Lidl where you are?? I know my Mum gets similar bargains on fruit and vegetables from her local Lidls.

I do have a lidl but the fruit is normally quite dear apart from when they have a special fruit offer week :-( love the idea of Aldi super six

Back