Where the bargains are at and anything else thats useful.

I wasn't casting dispersions on the till staff, merely a possible marketing ploy by the people at head office.

Sent from my iPod touch using MiniMins

Morrisons have 8 cans of diet coke/coke zero etc for 1.92 x

Morrisons Galia Melon - half price @ 49p. I've just had a whole one for lunch!

Not on offer as such but in Asda 30 eggs (called cooks pack or something) for £2.98. We got through at least one pack of these a week. Approx 10p each, fairly good imo.

Morrisons still has lots of 49p fruit offers;

Punnet of yellow plums, nectarines, gala melon (as mentioned)

Also lettice (but as I cannot stand the stuff I didn't pay that much attention to the type)

Not the best bargain then. Poor chickens

We have 4 ex-battery ladies pottering round out back garden at the moment. Lots of lovely eggs (they lay at least 3 a day and often 4!), very entertaining to watch and interact with (they are cleverer than you would imagine), and great feel good factor knowing they are out of those dreadful cages :(

Now we have moved to a house with much larger garden we are thinking of having a few more.......... friends, neighbours and the postie will love us even more - more free eggs :D

Annya said:
We have 4 ex-battery ladies pottering round out back garden at the moment. Lots of lovely eggs (they lay at least 3 a day and often 4!), very entertaining to watch and interact with (they are cleverer than you would imagine), and great feel good factor knowing they are out of those dreadful cages :(

Now we have moved to a house with much larger garden we are thinking of having a few more.......... friends, neighbours and the postie will love us even more - more free eggs :D

We have chickens too! Thought they aren't laying very well as some are broody! Yet other times of the year, they lay too many eggs, so we can't win! :)

We have chickens too! Thought they aren't laying very well as some are broody! Yet other times of the year, they lay too many eggs, so we can't win! :)

We also have one that spends most of her time broodying away in the nest box - hence 3 rather than 4 eggs a day! She is completely bald on her breast at the moment where she has plucked out all her feathers, silly moo :eek:

We move her to a run without a nesting box when it gets too bad which seems to sort things out, but within a few days of putting her back with the others she's at it again :rolleyes:

I tend to use up gluts of eggs by making lemon, lime or orange curd (makes great pressies) and loads of meringues, which can be frozen. Of course, one can always make half syn roulade and syn-free pancakes too......mmmmmm :D

I got 3 big 250g bags of spice mix in Aldi the other day. I got Chinese, Italian and Indian but I think there was a Mexican one too. 99p each!

I got 3 big 250g bags of spice mix in Aldi the other day. I got Chinese, Italian and Indian but I think there was a Mexican one too. 99p each!

is this like herbs where you need just a bit or the rubs where you use it all to flavour your meat...

No definately don't use it all lol, it's just like to add flavour to dishes etc. Used a bit of the italian one last night in the bolognese. You get so much I'm thinking I might have to get some jars to store them in once opened.

Anyone know what the Aldi super six is this week?

krupskaya said:
Anyone know what the Aldi super six is this week?

Just looked online.

Melon
Blueberries
New potatoes
Runner beans
Kiwi
Nectarines

Back