Where the bargains are at and anything else thats useful.

20 boxes???!!!

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

The dark one is my fav!

Sainsburys have two tubs of 300g philadelphia for £3, i used some last night to make my version of spaghetti carbonara, yummy and perfect as i do struggle to eat my hex a choice on a green day!

I was disappointed with the special k bars, they are 5 syns and bloody tiny!

Went tp Morrissons today and they had loads of things reduced but didn't have much time to look around.
I bought:
Cadbury wishes stars - reduced to 30p(normally 60p). It is individual star and fairly big and works out 8 syns which is well worth it in comparison with cereal bars (Alpen, fibre plus....). I must say the whole star was too much for me but I ate it as I needed some sugar boost after an interview this morning.
Mix & match veg 2 for £1 (normally 80p each) - I bought a pack of 4 tomatoes and a cucumber
8 Mullerlight £2
I bought some bones for soup for 31p. Natural/fresh stock (don't like stock cubes or Bovril). I put it with a bag of mixed veg (potato, swede, carrots and leeks £1) and made soup
Bags of fruits (Apple, Pears, satsume) £1 each.
Laughing Cow light 18 triangles - £2 and 8 triangles on special offer £1.
Pack of 6 rashers of Bacon £1
They had loads of other stuff on offer but I don't have packet sauces and foods. I try to make everything from scratch. I normally make a big batch and put in the fridge/freezer for the week (as it is only me, it works well for me).

kimmykins2008 said:
Sainsburys have two tubs of 300g philadelphia for £3, i used some last night to make my version of spaghetti carbonara, yummy and perfect as i do struggle to eat my hex a choice on a green day!

I made the carbonara with egg yolks a few weeks ago, synfree & gorgeous!

I know I'm probably repeating someone else (looked back a couple of pages but couldn't see anything) but pasta n sauce are 50p at Asda at the moment :D

Bumblebum said:
I know I'm probably repeating someone else (looked back a couple of pages but couldn't see anything) but pasta n sauce are 50p at Asda at the moment :D

Yeah a had posted about it yday I think lol. Also got savoury rice at 50p along with chopped tomatoes too x

Went tp Morrissons today and they had loads of things reduced but didn't have much time to look around.
I bought:
Cadbury wishes stars - reduced to 30p(normally 60p). It is individual star and fairly big and works out 8 syns which is well worth it in comparison with cereal bars (Alpen, fibre plus....). I must say the whole star was too much for me but I ate it as I needed some sugar boost after an interview this morning.
Mix & match veg 2 for £1 (normally 80p each) - I bought a pack of 4 tomatoes and a cucumber
8 Mullerlight £2
I bought some bones for soup for 31p. Natural/fresh stock (don't like stock cubes or Bovril). I put it with a bag of mixed veg (potato, swede, carrots and leeks £1) and made soup
Bags of fruits (Apple, Pears, satsume) £1 each.
Laughing Cow light 18 triangles - £2 and 8 triangles on special offer £1.
Pack of 6 rashers of Bacon £1
They had loads of other stuff on offer but I don't have packet sauces and foods. I try to make everything from scratch. I normally make a big batch and put in the fridge/freezer for the week (as it is only me, it works well for me).

How big are the stars you bought? I bought a multipack (about 10 in a cardboard gift box thingy) from asda for 75p and they work out at 3syns per star. I wonder if they're smaller than individually sold ones?

NumNumPigsBum said:
How big are the stars you bought? I bought a multipack (about 10 in a cardboard gift box thingy) from asda for 75p and they work out at 3syns per star. I wonder if they're smaller than individually sold ones?

They must be because the cadbury wish is 165 calories and I think (from memory!) about 36/38g? Fairly big and solid, totally worth the 8 syns! Xx

They must be because the cadbury wish is 165 calories and I think (from memory!) about 36/38g? Fairly big and solid, totally worth the 8 syns! Xx

My daughter absolutely loves Wishes, and there is an empty packet on the desk in front of me, and definately 165kcals = 8 syns, and they were the same size as the ones that she had in a big star for christmas.

Numnum the star I bought is about 2-2.5" across. They are fairly big. I think yours must be 1/2 the size of the individual ones.

Went to a couple of places in search of Mustard powder. Cheapest I found was Colman's 57gr £1.21 in Tesco. They also had Philly 300gr 98p, Laughing cow Light/extra light £1.12 (8 triangles)bogof.

I googled, I was getting scared I was miscalculating and going way over on my syns. Ive put them in my "goodie tin" and thrown the packaging away. They're called mini stars so must be a fair amount smaller ... looking forward to finding the big ones now though :drool:

We'll in waitrose they have
3 for £10 on various meats (they have stewing steak mince chicken ect.)
Mullerlights are buy one get one free (65p each)
Alpen light bars are 2 for £3
There re more I just can't remember all of them, was kicking myself about the alpine light bars though I bought some in telco the other day and they were £1.79 a box and I get discount in WR too so it would have made it so ,much cheaper :(

Back