Where the bargains are at and anything else thats useful.

Cool. Are all the flavoured mash free?

Lowest are green and EE, highest is red x
Quick & Easy Mash with Cheese & Chive, excluding butter, 100g made up
Quick & Easy Mash with Mustard, excluding butter, 100g made up11
Quick & Easy Mash with Roasted Onion, excluding butter, 100g made up141

Morrisons have half price WW yogurts & 3 for £1.00 instant mash (Roasted Onion, Mustard & Cheese & Onion) perfect for cheese scones:D
Do you have a link to the recipe for cheese scones?? Or is it your own creation? :)

Cheese scones.

1 packet of smash
1 tub of cottage cheese (fat free)
Couple of eggs
Season to taste.

Mix ingredients to a dough and do like normal scones.
Use the smash dry, don't make it up like my mom did first time she tried. :)

Sent from my iPod touch using MiniMins

ColJack said:
Cheese scones.

1 packet of smash
1 tub of cottage cheese (fat free)
Couple of eggs
Season to taste.

Mix ingredients to a dough and do like normal scones.
Use the smash dry, don't make it up like my mom did first time she tried. :)

I find using chive flavoured c/cheese gives it a lovely cheese pasty filling taste.

sarah5298a1 said:
I got some onions too, so far i have made onion and potato soup and onion marmalade - syn free ;)

Have you got the onion marmalade recipe please?

Have you got the onion marmalade recipe please?

5 onions, sliced thinly
2 tbsp of each: balsamic vinegar, red wine vinegar, worcestershire sauce, sweetner (mix all together in a bowl or cup)
a good pinch of each: salt, black pepper and white pepper
1-2 tsp of mustard powder

Fry onions in frylight add salt and pepper, fry until onions start to go translucent then add the mustard powder, stir and add the vinegars, W sauce and sweetner, continue to cook until the sauce thickens. ready to eat straight away, keep in the fridge in an air tight container and this will keep for a while

it goes with everything, i made some wholemeal bread buns and i've been having home cooked ham in a bun with the marmalade, it so good

x

Thanks for onion marmalade recipe......be lovely on top of cheese on toast! Maybe google can answer ur mango powder recipe?

This weeks Aldi super 6..

Mango - each
Baking potato x 4
Beetroot - 500g
Spring onion - 125g
Cucumber - each
Tomatoes x 6

All 39p.

So it seems that this fortnight is baked potato and salad with mango for desert? :)

That's really cheap mangos are £1 each in asda!! Well most of that would be near £1 each wish I drove I'd be straight to aldi but carrying fruit and veg over a mile on foot doesn't sound appealing lol

went in to a local weight your own shop and all the spices were only 45p (in bags so not paying for the packaging i guess) they had a few i had never heard of, i got some mango powder i have never heard of it, any one used it? and what in? x
Wish we had shops like that here. When I lived in Lanxaster we used to go to a shop like that.

5 onions, sliced thinly
2 tbsp of each: balsamic vinegar, red wine vinegar, worcestershire sauce, sweetner (mix all together in a bowl or cup)
a good pinch of each: salt, black pepper and white pepper
1-2 tsp of mustard powder

Fry onions in frylight add salt and pepper, fry until onions start to go translucent then add the mustard powder, stir and add the vinegars, W sauce and sweetner, continue to cook until the sauce thickens. ready to eat straight away, keep in the fridge in an air tight container and this will keep for a while

it goes with everything, i made some wholemeal bread buns and i've been having home cooked ham in a bun with the marmalade, it so good

x

Thanks for receipe. I'll make it in the week.

jojogonnabeslim said:
Thanks for onion marmalade recipe......be lovely on top of cheese on toast! Maybe google can answer ur mango powder recipe?

Mango powder sounds a bit like amchoor. Used in samosa's. Google both and see what recipes are for them. More than likely of an Indian nature but nice. I have amchoor in the cupboard for samosa's, you can make them pretty low syn using filo pastry - if I remember I made them to be one syn? Bilsat (aka Petes recipes) has the recipe and I recommend xx

Back