Where the bargains are at and anything else thats useful.

I 1/2 agree with ColJack - this week the Super 6 have the Cocktail/Vine Tomato - not nectarines! I agree with the other 5 items listed by Luverick.

our store must have varied it a little then?? i deffo havent made a mistake because i purchased a punnet of nectarines complete with 69p super 6 sticker!!

I think sometimes if they have stuff left from last week they carry it over...both vine tomatoes and cucumbers were super 6 in ours last week! Didn't really look when I popped in today.

The worst thing about living in Central London is no access to Lidl's or Aldi's! That's where all the bargains are - so annoying!

Really? Not even one?
There are 3 aldi's and 2 lidl's all within 10 mins drive from me.
And that's only the ones I know of because I've passed them, there may be more in directions I don't usually travel.

ColJack said:
Really? Not even one?
And that's only the ones I know of because I've passed them, there may be more in directions I don't usually travel.

It's all Tescos, Waitroses, and Sainsbury on this side of town, alas. Nice stores, but not good for a budget, really!

ColJack said:
Really? Not even one?

We have an Aldi and two Lidls but nearest is 15 mins drive and in town centre,

I know this is not food related but might be useful

Just booked myself for an eye test with optical express and got a voucher which makes it FREE (online booking only)
They phone to confirm your appointment an dsend you a voucher for £30 off.
At the moment they have buy one get one free (frames & prescription lens) starting from £55
Also you can have them tinted free of charge valid until 31st July
The precription do not need to be for the same person (say you can get a pair for yourself and another for OH, mum, friend, etc)
I am going to get mine tomorrow.

I bought these yesterday u get 12 for 99p. Just tried them and i have to recommend them the poached eggs are perfect. Ideal for quick breakfasts.

Are these like the originally Lakeland one that are kind of like tea bags for want of a better description?

I know this is not food related but might be useful

Just booked myself for an eye test with optical express and got a voucher which makes it FREE (online booking only)
They phone to confirm your appointment an dsend you a voucher for £30 off.
At the moment they have buy one get one free (frames & prescription lens) starting from £55
Also you can have them tinted free of charge valid until 31st July
The precription do not need to be for the same person (say you can get a pair for yourself and another for OH, mum, friend, etc)
I am going to get mine tomorrow.

This seems like a really good deal, the one thing I would say though is that eye tests are free anyway so no idea why advertising free if book online?!!! BUT as I say the rest is great especially getting the prescription for someone else!!!!

Alycyn1980 said:
This seems like a really good deal, the one thing I would say though is that eye tests are free anyway so no idea why advertising free if book online?!!! BUT as I say the rest is great especially getting the prescription for someone else!!!!

Eye tests are only free if you go through your place of work or are exempt from the fee I.e on benefits, 60+ etc. the NHS choices website lists the eligibility criteria.

I have to pay for mine and it's about £18 in boots. (although they are doing an offer for a £10 test if you print out the online voucher and take it with you.)

I go 2 specsavers, get glasses, not on benefits & work does not contribute. Even if i didn't get glasses i would not have paid 4 the test. Maybe a Scottish thing?!

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S2 using MiniMins

Alycyn1980 said:
I go 2 specsavers, get glasses, not on benefits & work does not contribute. Even if i didn't get glasses i would not have paid 4 the test. Maybe a Scottish thing?!

Yeh eye tests are free anywhere in Scotland :)

I know. I think they are trying to get you to their shop and give you a 10% free voucher with this. Anyway, I am going to find out today and will post the results later on.

Pepsi max cherry flavour 2lt bottles are a pound at Asda, syn free and wonderful

Pepsi max cherry flavour 2lt bottles are a pound at Asda, syn free and wonderful

Mmm Cherry Flavour - is it like Cherry Coke as I am not really a Pepsi lover but this would be worth trying :)

Eye tests are only free if you go through your place of work or are exempt from the fee I.e on benefits, 60+ etc. the NHS choices website lists the eligibility criteria.

I have to pay for mine and it's about £18 in boots. (although they are doing an offer for a £10 test if you print out the online voucher and take it with you.)

Eye tests are free on lens mail with contact lenses through spec savers :)

Yeh eye tests are free anywhere in Scotland :)

Ok I promised to come back and update.
- Eye tests are not FREE for everyone. However, at the moment a lot of places advertise them free to attract customers
- Well I made my appointment with Optical Express online and got a FREE eye test voucher, £30 off if spending £100 or more in store and another 10% off
- Could not make my mind up so asked for a copy of prescription

Last edited:
Back