Where the bargains are at and anything else thats useful.

The only problem is it doesn't include airport transfers :( But we're getting there about 10am and we will only have hand luggage. So i've told my OH it will just be an adventure to find the hotel lol

Im sure ive got a train or bus into Venice Airport (Marco Polo?) from Venice before. Cant remember which but I was travelling alone and dont remember being stressed/in any drama so mustve been easy enough.

ninnins said:
Im sure ive got a train or bus into Venice Airport (Marco Polo?) from Venice before. Cant remember which but I was travelling alone and dont remember being stressed/in any drama so mustve been easy enough.

Yeah we're flying to marco polo. I think we can get a water taxi or a bus. But I just don't want it to be like 100 euros or something!
How much did you pay? If you remember :D

Penguin_Hell said:
Yeah we're flying to marco polo. I think we can get a water taxi or a bus. But I just don't want it to be like 100 euros or something!

I've used these people to book transfers to hotels before, they're really handy - and it's nice to pay for it in advance so you don't get a nasty shock: http://www.airporttransfers.co.uk/

I was inter-railing at the time so I can assure you it wasnt expensive! Few Euro. Remembered it was the bus i got (had got the train into Venice from Rome), drops you right off at the door. Think i got on it at the train station.

Ive also used the airport transfers too for different breaks. They will be more expensive than public transport obviously. Same as getting a taxi vs bus.

FRom Marco polo there is a bus which takes you to bus station in Venive. I think we paid 7 euros and then we took water bus 192 to take us to Rialta bridge. Avoid taxis as they will charge you a fortune. Have a lovely holiday

If you get the train remember to get your ticket validated before you step on the train or you can get a fine (there are yellow boxes around the station that you stick them in to get stamped. I got a train from Cartagena to Rome last week & I think it cost 12EUR (a 45 minute journey) :)

Good fellas lite pizzas 2 pack both under 400 cals, 10 pp for each one not sure sure wat way they are for other weighloss clubs. Tesco 2 for EUR2.66 much cheaper than ww

image-3915776497.jpg

The Aldi 'Super Six' is really good this week. Punnets of plums, nectarines, funsize apples, baking potatoes, vine tomatoes and bags of three mixed peppers - all at 69p each.

Penguin_Hell said:
Including scan bran?
cause i was in there the other day and they said scan bran wasn't on offer :(

It's on everything online! Last time they ran that offer, it was the same in the shop too.
The scanbran wasn't in the last Penny sale though..

Penguin_Hell said:
Including scan bran?
cause i was in there the other day and they said scan bran wasn't on offer :(

No it wasn't in the offer when I bought it either. Only bought two because I thought it was cheaper.

got this from the holland and barrett website. says they are sold out online but to check store.

Product #069100 scan bran

100g Pack

Sale: Buy One Get One Half Price
Now: £1.55
Buy 2 For £2.32

i got it in the offer :) from the shop

Asda tonight have extra lean minced beef in their 3 for £10 selection (also pork loin steaks, salmon, smoked salmon, bacon, king prawns, huge gammon steaks, chicken breasts, extra lean, trimmed rump steak) and some other not so SW friendly stuff
some good £1 punnets / bags of fruit (plums, nectarines, peaches, kiwi, pears, apples, small citrus easy peelers)
1/2 dozen medium free range eggs £1
2 alpen light for £3

sorry, can't remember any more

Back