Where the bargains are at and anything else thats useful.

HI, anyone know of a good mechanical kitchen scale that does Imperial (oz) as well as metric (g). I got a scale from Argos - nice bright green but not so good at measuring small amounts. I know for sure that Weight watchers used to do one in Argos but the only I have seen now is digital and I sometimes like to put a pot on the scales and put food in (so I move the dial along if you know what I mean).

I saw a 'diet' scale on amazon really cheap but not sure how goo d it is at the lower oz/g I am trying to weigh out cereal and stuff.

Cheers in advance

HI, anyone know of a good mechanical kitchen scale that does Imperial (oz) as well as metric (g). I got a scale from Argos - nice bright green but not so good at measuring small amounts. I know for sure that Weight watchers used to do one in Argos but the only I have seen now is digital and I sometimes like to put a pot on the scales and put food in (so I move the dial along if you know what I mean).

I saw a 'diet' scale on amazon really cheap but not sure how goo d it is at the lower oz/g I am trying to weigh out cereal and stuff.

Cheers in advance

Hi,

Not sure what you mean?

I have a digital scale, and if I want to add as I go along it has a reset button, so every time I press this the scale resets back to 0.

Is this what you mean? x

I'd definitely recommend digital then - it measures down to the gram. Mine, you just put your pot on it, press a button, and it resets it to zero without the faff of turning a dial. :)

I know this won't be very helpful to most people on here but if you (or a friend) are members of Costco they have 300g tubs of Philly light and the light garlic and herb one for £1.19

I also noticed in B&M they have packs of Alpen Light bars for £1

Cheers in advance

Do you still have the receipt and box? Argos are pretty good at taking things back :)

Cheers in advance

Hi.the scales i got r from argos, (argos own in red,other colours available)digital an it measures,oz,s, grams, fluid oz, lbs, u just press alittle button on the back 2 set which 1 u want. U put on a bowl,plate,cup ect 2 get the weight of the bowl. Press reset then add what u want 2 weigh. I use mine evry day very accruate! Hope this helps!

Ok all the offers in Tesco and Waitrose have changed! So here goes:

Tesco

Muller Light fat free yogurts 6pkt 2 for £5
Muller Greek style yogurts 4pkt 2 for £4
Robinsons fruit and barley NAS 1litre was £1.59 now £1
Curly Wurly 5pkt was £1.28 now £1

Not SW related but very handy in this cold weather:

Tesco super strength De-icer 600ml BOGOF
Tesco 3 in 1 ice scraper BOGOF

Waitrose

Cravendale milk 2litre all types 2 for £3
Robinsons fruit and barley NAS 1litre 2 for £2
Wotsits/Quavers 12pkt 2 for £4 (quite a deal as they are £3.19 each!)
R Whites diet lemonade 2litre BOGOF
Heinz 415g tins of baked beans 50p each

I don't know if there's any offers on Alpen light bars as I didn't need any today

Low Low cheese spread is £1 in Iceland but the Muller Greek yogurts were 2 packs for £4 so cheaper in Asda at the minute as they have them for sale at £1.50 a pack

hey I got my digital scales from marks and spencer I think they are 15 quid. They do lbs and ozs gs and ml, fl oz. They do great and weighing out cereal is no bother at all, mine are in lovely bright pink too! They dont come with a bowl but you can put any bowl you like on it!

Cheers in advance

I got mine from ebay from a seller in hong kong! They are small and do grams aswell as ounces and also tar off the weight or bowl so no adding up to do. They were only about a fiver!

Got some good bargains from morrisons today. For 50p there is lettuce, toms, tangerines, onions, plums etc. Snack a jacks 1 pound. Big jar of gherkins 1 pound

Back