Where the bargains are at and anything else thats useful.

Morrisons:
Packs of pears- £1 buy one get one free (so 10-12 for £1).
Pineapples, satsumas, cox/gala apples £1
8 pack Activia 0% Yoghurts £2
Chobani 500g 0% Yoghurt pots £1.07 half price
Blue Diamond almond milk £1
Selection of Cadbury miniature choc bars £1.50

Can't believe I've never been to Lidl before!
Bananas for £1
Satsumas for £1
Grapes for £1.50
400g Diced pork £2.49
10 rashers bacon (they cut off a lot of fat too) £2.20

And Halloweenie bits
Halloween animal biscuits 99p (6 syns)
Wotsit zombie fingers 99p (5 syns)
Cadbury variety bag (3-5 syns) £1.50 for 16 mini bars

co-op is selling frylight for £2

Sainsburys:-

Mullerlight 6 packs are 2 for £5. So 12 Mullerlights for a fiver.

Plus there is this booklet at the minute with vouchers on the back that gives you £3 off each week for a couple of weeks at Sainsbury.

So my 12 yogs were £2.00 or 17p each!!!

63p for a 4 pack?? Is that a mis type or do I need to get in the car right now and go to the 24 hour Tesco's??

No mistype!!! :D I was very surprised too. They were on a promotional end with a big reduced to clear sign. I checked and the dates were fine (2015). Doubled checked the receipt too as a while back I got a few bags of Aunt Bessie stuffing that was priced 50p but when I got home realised I was charged over £1.50 each for them!

fun size sweets (mars, milky way, maltesers) on offer in tesco - great for a wee low syn treat as they're between 3.5 and 5 syns each
think they might be on offer in asda too but not sure of the price there yet.

8 pack of activia 0% yogs are £2

they also had ww wholemeal pittas for 75p x

OK. I know I've mentioned this twice before now but, after yesterdays visit to the local farm shop, I am, once again amazed at how much I have saved, buying my meat there instead of at the supermarket. Obviously, the quality is much better too. Yesterday I bought 450g braising steak, 2 of the leanest lamb steaks I've ever seen (which I mentioned I was going to dice so he just did it for me, there and then!), a joint of gorgeous looking brisket, TEN skinless chicken breasts (that don't ooze water as soon as you start to cook them!), 2 really lean sirloin steaks, 6 rashers of lean, thick back bacon (not the transparent sort you buy at the sm!) and a dozen eggs. I happened to mention to the butcher that it was such a shame I still had to get the minced beef from the sm, as I needed extra lean, when he picked up some EXTRA LEAN braising steak and said 'this could be minced within seconds'! Not only did it look gorgeous, I was gob-smacked when he weighed out 500g for me and it worked out £1 cheaper than at JS! The total for all this wholesome, locally sourced (he could tell me the name and location of each farmer he bought from) produce was £28!! I had bought more than I actually needed, as I got slightly carried away, but, after buying the other bits at JS, my whole shop still worked out approx. £10 less than usual!! Needless to say, I shall be buying all my meat from there in future. Like some other people, I have always imagined a butchers to work out dearer than a sm. How wrong I was!
To give Sainsbury's their due, the Muller Greek yoghurts are on offer at the moment for £1.50 per pack of four and I do love them so, well done JS! :D
Here endeth the lesson in meat shopping! :)

Kathy x

Last edited:
Yup I'm definitely inspired now to go to butchers! Thanks and I'll be heading there next weekend!! I need some mince for myself so I'll see what they offer :) ex lean mince is £4 for 500g I'm supermarket erghhhh

OK. I know I've mentioned this twice before now but, after yesterdays visit to the local farm shop, I am, once again amazed at how much I have saved, buying my meat there instead of at the supermarket. Obviously, the quality is much better too. Yesterday I bought 450g braising steak, 2 of the leanest lamb steaks I've ever seen (which I mentioned I was going to dice so he just did it for me, there and then!), a joint of gorgeous looking brisket, TEN skinless chicken breasts (that don't ooze water as soon as you start to cook them!), 2 really lean sirloin steaks, 6 rashers of lean, thick back bacon (not the transparent sort you buy at the sm!) and a dozen eggs. I happened to mention to the butcher that it was such a shame I still had to get the minced beef from the sm, as I needed extra lean, when he picked up some EXTRA LEAN braising steak and said 'this could be minced within seconds'! Not only did it look gorgeous, I was gob-smacked when he weighed out 500g for me and it worked out £1 cheaper than at JS! The total for all this wholesome, locally sourced (he could tell me the name and location of each farmer he bought from) produce was £28!! I had bought more than I actually needed, as I got slightly carried away, but, after buying the other bits at JS, my whole shop still worked out approx. £10 less than usual!! Needless to say, I shall be buying all my meat from there in future. Like some other people, I have always imagined a butchers to work out dearer than a sm. How wrong I was!
To give Sainsbury's their due, the Muller Greek yoghurts are on offer at the moment for £1.50 per pack of four and I do love them so, well done JS! :D
Here endeth the lesson in meat shopping! :)

Kathy x

This is amazing! We have a butcher but he is generally quite pricey and the last farm shop I went to didn't have much for sale. Where do you live and where is this magical shop?!?! Lol x

I know. I always thought farm shops?!! Yikes! But how pleasantly surprised was I?! So any time you're over North Staffs way, Amy, you'll have to pay them a visit. :)

Kathy x

Hello, I have a local farm shop but like law3a3m says I expect it to be very expensive! Might go and buy one thing at a time so I dont end up bankrupt lol

I know. I always thought farm shops?!! Yikes! But how pleasantly surprised was I?! So any time you're over North Staffs way, Amy, you'll have to pay them a visit. :)

Kathy x

Hi Kathy,

I have just read all your post thinking wow that sounds great but assumed like most it'd be no where near me but I'm also from north staffs. Where is this farm shop if you don't mind me asking? Sounds fab!!

Kelly

Tesco half price pork shoulder £2.99 kilo instead of £5.99 and co op muller light loose any 6 for £2.00 both until 5th November x

Back