Where the bargains are at and anything else thats useful.

The 2 for £6 offer is only on pork mince not beef :( (in my Tesco at least)

Boo they never put the extra lean beef mince on offer anymore :(

Would it be cheaper going to a butcher ? Than going a supermarket

It probably is cheaper but it's getting extra lean mince. My local butcher doesn't do it so I'd have to still get my mince from Tesco or Waitrose so isn't worth going out of my way for some chicken to save money when I'll spend that in fuel getting there (I'm surrounded by Tesco I'm afraid- my local butcher isn't the local!)

The 2 for £6 offer is only on pork mince not beef :( (in my Tesco at least)

Boo they never put the extra lean beef mince on offer anymore :(

Thanks for that.

Might be worth getting some extra lean pork mince though, what do you all use it for? There was a meatball jambalaya a coulple of sw magazines back that I tore out and filed, it used the sainsburys sausages but thinking I could use mince

Might be worth getting some extra lean pork mince though, what do you all use it for? There was a meatball jambalaya a coulple of sw magazines back that I tore out and filed, it used the sainsburys sausages but thinking I could use mince

remember we did that meatball pasta bake thing a while back...pork mince for that. (the one were both you and i used the garlic italian schwartz stuff instead of whatever the recipe asked for lol)
i make my little one pork burgers....he loves them so could do those on wm roll with a poached egg? mmmm!x

My Tesco had extra lean mince at 2£ a pack today so I stocked up! X

I don't use pork mince at all, I always use beef even if a recipe asks for pork (like the meatball pasta bake) I don't actually like pork that much...

Asda

Mullerlights pack 6 for £2
Cathedral Lighter choices still £2
The greek mullers are still expensive @ £2.18 or 2 packs for £4
Dairlylea lightest 4 x 35g tubs usually £1.67 on offer for £1
2ltr bottles of Pepsi/pepsi max/diet pepsi £1

It probably is cheaper but it's getting extra lean mince. My local butcher doesn't do it so I'd have to still get my mince from Tesco or Waitrose so isn't worth going out of my way for some chicken to save money when I'll spend that in fuel getting there (I'm surrounded by Tesco I'm afraid- my local butcher isn't the local!)

The farm shop I was raving about last week doesn't do extra lean beef mince but the butcher there just minced me some extremely lean braising steak there and then, on the spot, and, not only did it have much more flavour, it worked out slightly better value too!! Worth asking your butcher to do the same. :D

Kathy x

Aww! I've just noticed you're pregnant! Congratulations - how lovely! xx

remember we did that meatball pasta bake thing a while back...pork mince for that. (the one were both you and i used the garlic italian schwartz stuff instead of whatever the recipe asked for lol)
i make my little one pork burgers....he loves them so could do those on wm roll with a poached egg? mmmm!x
Just casting my mind back, and no, it was the bacon and mushroom tagliatelle I used the Schwartz stuff for. I never done the meatball pasta, I used the Schwartz stuff for the SW kebab meat too lol I imagine the pork mince meatballs would taste like sausage meat? In which case I love sausages and sausage meat so I might try that meatball jambalaya next week then! If everyone else fancies it.

Someone at SW group made meatloaf using the sainsburys sausages so I bet you could use pork mince for that too. And scotch eggs is a good idea. Ooh I'll see what every one else thinks when I'm planning next weeks meals x

Just casting my mind back, and no, it was the bacon and mushroom tagliatelle I used the Schwartz stuff for. I never done the meatball pasta, I used the Schwartz stuff for the SW kebab meat too lol I imagine the pork mince meatballs would taste like sausage meat? In which case I love sausages and sausage meat so I might try that meatball jambalaya next week then! If everyone else fancies it.

Someone at SW group made meatloaf using the sainsburys sausages so I bet you could use pork mince for that too. And scotch eggs is a good idea. Ooh I'll see what every one else thinks when I'm planning next weeks meals x

lol...knew there was something...silly me!

i've often thought of the scotch eggs but not sure if you need to faff about with them a bit??x

oooh recipe please!

I just boil some eggs. then I put the mince in a bowl with some chopped onions that are already cooked and cooled, I add some sage aswell. if don't have any I use parsley. mix it all together. then I wrap it around the boiled egg. I then coat with egg and use either scan bran (hex) of breadcrumbs (hex). then I
Place on a baking tray, spray the scotch eggs with Fry Light and cook in the oven for approximately 15/20 minutes at 200°C/Gas Mark 6.

In Tesco Kerry low-low is buy one get one free and Koko chocolate milk is three for £3

Does anyone know if the Linda McCartney Rosemary and red onion sausages are on offer anywhere?
I love them but can't justify the expense at full price!

Back