Where the bargains are at and anything else thats useful.

Well I've done it!

When I opened the outer pack, yes, there was a very slight fishy smell but the instructions say you've got to rinse before heating & that rinsing got rid of any odour. .On the rinsing thing - you need to use a fine sieve not a colander - the 'rice' fits through the holes (I ended up using a tea strainer to retrieve a lot of it :p). The 'pasta' & 'noodle' versions might have bigger pieces so might not slip through.

I had the 'rice' but when it was done I'd liken it more to noodles - short stumpy ones but not much like rice and it's got no flavour at all.

On the whole, it wasn't bad - I personally likened the difference between real rice & this as the same as quorn mince to real mince - hope that make sense! It would never pass as the real thing but its OK (especially as a filler for anyone on Original).

I've had the slim noodles before and they were not slimy in the slightest. To be fair I had them in a ramen so it may not be as nice if you have them on their own but it's great to chuck in a stir fry or something to bulk it out.

You have to wash them thoroughly (wouldn't advise smelling them first :)) and they are very plain tasting. They are a bit like quark in that they take on the flavours that you cook them with so in a stir fry with a bit of soy sauce and Chinese five spice they are tasty.

Didn't realise H&B sold them - I got mine on amazon of all places and agree they are not cheap so more of a once in a while product for me rather than a staple.

Okay, thank you both so much for the review. That sounds reasonable - as long as you don't kid yourself you are eating rice and noodles, but a filling substitute then they sound edible. :D

Morning, sorry to butt in, but the new coconut & pineapple yogurts aren't free, according to the slimming world web site :-(

Danone, Activia Summer Specials Yogurt Exotic Pineapple & Coconut . (125g pot)3½3½3½

Not butting in at all GlamUp - but are you sure you've looked at the same thing?

The one I'm on about is a Special Edition 0% Fat (not summer special). Before I re-joined club I compared the NV with a Muller Light & it compared neigh-on exactly but I've since put it through the calculator (because it's not on Syns On-line yet) & it deffo came up free. :confused:

Oh god 3.5 syns! Pleased that was a mix up, had 2 yesterday and 1 today lol!

Asda have 10 Muller's for £3 :)

Noticed on tesco last night that some 6 pack Mullers are 1.94,but it was saying they were bogof ???
Also they are now selling extra lean steak mince in bigger packs :)

Sent from my GT-S5839i using MiniMins.com mobile app

Noticed on tesco last night that some 6 pack Mullers are 1.94,but it was saying they were bogof ???
Also they are now selling extra lean steak mince in bigger packs :)

Im my tesco 6packs were £3.98 bogof?

Have just added them to my shopping,and they are defiantly half price and bogof :)

My Tesco friend said most stores fluctuate between the two. The standard price seems to be £1.94 for 6 and the "SPECIAL OFFER" is £3.98 for six BOGOF. In other words....pennies difference and not such a special offer

My Tesco friend said most stores fluctuate between the two. The standard price seems to be £1.94 for 6 and the "SPECIAL OFFER" is £3.98 for six BOGOF. In other words....pennies difference and not such a special offer

That's the same with most stores these days.
You always need to work out the unit price and you should know what the real price is before you fall for their "special offers"

sent using my Samsung S4

That's the same with most stores these days.
You always need to work out the unit price and you should know what the real price is before you fall for their "special offers"

sent using my Samsung S4

Yes it's amazing how many people you see going crazy "stocking up"

I very rarely take notice of special offers. This one in particular is 10p MORE ! Shouldn't be allowed

wholemeal pasta is on offer in sainsburys, their own brand pasta. Think it was 3 small-medium packs for 90p

Morrison greek mullers 1.09
Mugshot 50p (until 27th)

Stocking up on mugshots whilst cheap! !

Sent from my GT-I9300 using MiniMins.com mobile app

There's a week old thread on the HE forum asking whether you can have 1 or 2 Alpen Light as a HEb - unless I'm looking in totally the wrong place, Alpen Light no longer appear on SW site as a HEb :eek:)

In which case, they'd have to be syn'd from 3.5 - 4.5 sys each :wave_cry:

The only cereal bar listed that you can still have x 2 of is the Aldi Harvest Morn Benefit 70 cal bars.

Does any other member agree or have I totally lost it?

There's a week old thread on the HE forum asking whether you can have 1 or 2 Alpen Light as a HEb - unless I'm looking in totally the wrong place, Alpen Light no longer appear on SW site as a HEb :eek:)

The only cereal bar listed that you can still have x 2 of is the Aldi Harvest Morn Benefit 70 cal bars.

Sorry folks Alpen lights no longer HEx. Can still use the old 1s till new packs get on shelves running out in asda 1st & seemingly aldi r discontinuing their harvest morn bars too!!

Sent from my iPad using MiniMins.com mobile app

OMG hope that's not the case, being having 2 everyday!!!:eek:

Sent from my HTC One X using MiniMins.com mobile app

they've changed the recipe so we can't have them anymore...BUT, not everywhere has them yet so try and stock up on the 70 calorie ones that aren't in the new packaging.

think they say new and improved on the box (or similar) and have more calories.

asda had some of the new ones yesterday (choc and fudge) but i picked up some of the other ones....rubbish eh :( x

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Back