Where to buy coconut and/or almond extracts?

Discussion in 'Slimming World Off Topic' started by Pootler, 6 March 2011 Social URL.

1. Pootler

Pootler Full Member

Does anyone know where you can buy proper extracts? Yesterday I used the synthetic coconut flavoring in my Thai green curry and frankly couldn't taste it at all. And I used synthetic almond flavoring in a carrot cake but it just tasted bitter and chemically.

I've looked and looked online - US companies have them but won't ship - and in Holland and I can't find the real thing anywhere. Can't even get proper vanilla in the shops here!

Any idea where I can get it that will ship to Holland? I'm going to London soon and could look there, if anyone has any tips.

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. WelshCake

WelshCake Silver Member

Start Weight:
    21st2lb
    Current Weight:
    14st9lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st6lb
    Lost(%):
    6st7lb(30.74%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
  4. Pootler

Pootler Full Member

5. WelshCake

WelshCake Silver Member

Start Weight:
    21st2lb
    Current Weight:
    14st9lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st6lb
    Lost(%):
    6st7lb(30.74%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    When you are in London see if you can pop into a Lakelands they do lots of things like that (I get my vanilla there)

6. Going2be*fab*at40

Going2be*fab*at40 Silver Member

Start Weight:
    8st13lb
    Current Weight:
    9st0lb
    Goal Weight:
    8st10lb
    Lost(%):
    -0st1lb(-0.8%)
    Diet:
    Fabulous Slimming World
    Just a quick thought - have you tried ebay? I seem to remember someone once saying that they got theirs there and you might getting shipping to Holland.
    Good luck!

7. Pootler

Pootler Full Member

You star! Found it! Thank you!

I buy nearly everything else on Ebay. Can't believe I didn't think of looking there!

Last edited: 6 March 2011
  8. Pootler

Pootler Full Member

Oooh, lemon curd and coconut! I think I know what my next SW lemon meringue pie is going to have in it. :) I've ordered all three flavours from Ebay. Coconut was hardest to get and I'm paying a small fortune for it. Lots of companies in the US carry it but don;t do international shipping. Anyway, I suppose that if it's a good quality, a small bottle should last a long time, and I think it's more than worth it if I can eat near-authentic tasting Thai green curry. :)

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.