• Upgrades have been completed! Including conversations, 😁😎🏀⚾⚽ Emojis and more.. Read more

Where to buy coconut and/or almond extracts?

Pootler

Does anyone know where you can buy proper extracts? Yesterday I used the synthetic coconut flavoring in my Thai green curry and frankly couldn't taste it at all. And I used synthetic almond flavoring in a carrot cake but it just tasted bitter and chemically.

I've looked and looked online - US companies have them but won't ship - and in Holland and I can't find the real thing anywhere. Can't even get proper vanilla in the shops here!

Any idea where I can get it that will ship to Holland? I'm going to London soon and could look there, if anyone has any tips.

Get Rid of this ad and join in on the conversation for free today! Tap here!

Pootler

Just a quick thought - have you tried ebay? I seem to remember someone once saying that they got theirs there and you might getting shipping to Holland.
Good luck!

Pootler

Just a quick thought - have you tried ebay? I seem to remember someone once saying that they got theirs there and you might getting shipping to Holland.
Good luck!
You star! Found it! Thank you!

I buy nearly everything else on Ebay. Can't believe I didn't think of looking there!

Last edited:

Pootler

Oooh, lemon curd and coconut! I think I know what my next SW lemon meringue pie is going to have in it. :) I've ordered all three flavours from Ebay. Coconut was hardest to get and I'm paying a small fortune for it. Lots of companies in the US carry it but don;t do international shipping. Anyway, I suppose that if it's a good quality, a small bottle should last a long time, and I think it's more than worth it if I can eat near-authentic tasting Thai green curry. :)