Where to get Free Blood Pressure Checks

Mini_Me

LighterLife Returner
Hi All,

I wanted to start a thread on where you can go to get free blood pressure checks. I think a lot of people assume you have to see your GP, or Health Centre nurse, when that isn't the case...

I used to get mine done at my workplace - the occupational health nurse. She would do it for free and was very supportive.

Tesco Pharmacies also do them for free...

I got it done for free at a little local chemist/pharmacy today..

My doctors charge, which is bad enough but they deem it as non-nhs procedure so want to charge me a private patient rate of 30 quid a time.

My doctors charge, which is bad enough but they deem it as non-nhs procedure so want to charge me a private patient rate of 30 quid a time.

OMG I had no idea that some GP's charge for this :eek: ..... and £30, how on earth do they justify than? My GP is more than happy to do it free, she is very supportive guess I must be one of the lucky ones.

x

I think its a case of me being one of the very unlucky ones! I really don't know why they're taking such a negative view about it all. I'm taking a proactive approach to battle my problem with weight and instead of encouarging me they seem to be putting obstacles in the way.
God bless the NHS, makes you wonder what you pay NI for??!!

Anyway, doctors permitting, I should be starting this Wednesday, can't wait.

Good evening BB77

My LLC has a nurse comes in every 4 weeks - costs £3.50 and is just before my meeting. Very handy.

My doctors are happy to take BP, or nurse will do also for free.

I think generally the Lloyds Chemists will take fre BP's BUT some don't like to if you tell them it's for LL!

I am also lucky as my GP surgery has a wonderful male nurse who is all for the programme and they don't charge!

I think its a case of me being one of the very unlucky ones! I really don't know why they're taking such a negative view about it all. I'm taking a proactive approach to battle my problem with weight and instead of encouarging me they seem to be putting obstacles in the way.
God bless the NHS, makes you wonder what you pay NI for??!!

Anyway, doctors permitting, I should be starting this Wednesday, can't wait.

Good luck BB77 and don't whatever you do line the pockets of your unsuportive GP .... pay your local chemist a visit instead for free BP checks. Its such a shame that they are so short sighted and can't see that by losing weight you are less likely to be costing the NHS time and money in the future!

That's my rant over!

Thanks susianna, thats my thinking entirely. Mind you, if it keeps snowing like this the place where im due to start on tuesday might not be open to supply me with the packs. Typical of my luck!

go to any Lloyds chemist its free and they give you the form the LLC needs.

google Lloyds chemist and find your local, or you can use boots, but be aware not all boots do them only the big ones.

My doctors are happy to take BP, or nurse will do also for free.

I think generally the Lloyds Chemists will take fre BP's BUT some don't like to if you tell them it's for LL!

Just walk in and say can i have a BP check please, it really is non of thier business and we dont have to tell them what its for, if they ask just say i want to know as im a health conscious person.

Kick their Behind Sean lol

Back