Where will you be and what will you be doing in 5 years?

Freshstartnewme!

Gold Member
It's my birthday today and my sisters 30th this year and it got me to thinking about what I have achieved, what I want to achieve and setting a time frame.

So I thought it would be interesting to see what people want to have achieved/completed in the next 5 years, where they see themselves etc.

In the next five years (which will make me 31):
  • I hope to have reached my target weight and be happily maintaining, enjoying wearing beautiful clothes everyday.
  • To have been engaged and married Ben.
  • To have had our first baby.
  • To be in a job I enjoy and not dread going to work everyday. To feel like I am in a job where I am appreciated and paid to reflect this.
  • To have been to Florida.
  • To have had a romantic weekend away somewhere with Ben in Europe.
  • To be able to afford to really spoil Ben for his birthday with something really special and surprising.
  • To have saved enough, or nearly saved enough to put a deposit down on a house.
  • To have paid off all my debt, estimated for 2013! (apart from a mortgage)

Be great to see what other people hope to achieve :)

Claire xx

Hmm, for me i would say in 5 years time i'd like to...

After completing my level 3 in childcare, i'd then like to get more into depth with disabilities and special needs. Havnt really thought about how, perhaps a course and training.

To hopefully not still be living where i am now, need my independency back..hopefully moved out.

To be at target weight and to be more happier about myself.

To continue to be happy with my lovely boyfriend who i love lots.

:)

Well in 5 years time I will be not far off my 40th Birthday so my goal is to be celebrating achieving my BSC in Psychology from the Open Uni with my 3 or 4 year old child!!!

In 5 years time I will be 51 with certainly one and most likely two children at uni/college. :eek::eek::eek:

Best get used to eating bread and water now. ;)

Roll on retirement - I'm going to have MY gap year then. They didn't really exist when I graduated. :D

To wake up every morning.

To still be in remission..........most important thing on my long term horizon.

To be living in Cornwall with my family around us.

To ride again on a regular basis.

To make life easier for Paul.

To have visited New York and my friends there.

To have my holiday dream which is to go racing in Dubai.

To be able to retire...........I am still working at 67 years old.

To wake up every morning.

To still be in remission..........most important thing on my long term horizon.

To be living in Cornwall with my family around us.

To ride again on a regular basis.

To make life easier for Paul.

To have visited New York and my friends there.

To have my holiday dream which is to go racing in Dubai.

To be able to retire...........I am still working at 67 years old.

Yeyyyyyyy!!! You'll be in the next county over! We can ride together as I haven't been for years and that's one thing I miss!!! xxxx

Yeyyyyyyy!!! You'll be in the next county over! We can ride together as I haven't been for years and that's one thing I miss!!! xxxx

Can not wait !!!!!

Oh my goodness, let me think - hopefully continuing living in lots of different countries and seeing more of this wonderful world. I'm no homemaker and I don't want kids, neither does hubby - so being carefree and enjoying life is where I see myself in 5 years. Plus I swear by "you get what you settle for" and "never say never".......life is EXCITING! :D xx

In 5 years I want to be still maintaining my target weight. be in the process of building my dream house with my husband in Turkey
Have our first baby. to be happy and have all the people i love around me! :)

In 5 years time I celebrate my 50th birthday so hopefully OH will take me to the Olympics:D

I'm now finding the time to travel to the places not really suitable with kids, so hopefully I'll have been to or planning:-
Cambodia
Tibet
Vietnam
Sanya (a little island off China)
Bangladesh & Darjeeling stream train
Oh & managed to save some money now the kids are leaving home:D

5 years time will make me nearly 26
I will
- be at least a senior in my current job, working towards manager
- have a babba, maybe 2
- be happy and healthy
- still make time for my family as I do now
- finished my OU degree

Think that will do for now!
Xx

I don't plan like that, I never have.

In 5 years time I hope to still be waking up happy and healthy every day. That's all I wish for and I wish the same for my nearest and dearest too.

It's okay to plan (in my opinion) but not too far. Life is for living, it can be taken away at any moment so I try to enjoy it each and every day.

1. To still be teaching in HE.
  2. To be my goal weight.
  3. Have a house with my very own library.
  4. Have my kids in HE.
  5. To be happy, healthy and still be smiling. :rolleyes:

Back