Where's my mojo!?!

sugar_lipswales

Silver Member
I know this sounds a bit dramatic but I'm just about ready to give up on everything! I can't find my way back on track, don't WANT to exercise and can't be bothered to care about anything :cry:
I don't want to diet anymore and have to exercise, I know I won't reach my target weight without doing these things but I can't quite figure out a way to get my head back in the game. I'm suffering from depression again but don't want to take anti depressants.
I'm in debt and work as a cleaner at 29 in a job where I'm treated as lower than shark doo doo but can't really say anything because I'm still in my 3 month probation. If I lost the job I'd be in an even worse state trust me!
There are a lot of "can'ts" in this post but it's how I feel, like I'm making no progress and getting nowhere in life!

Awww. I know exactly how you feel. I feel the same about dieting and exercising, and because of my awful job I am still living with my parents! I have started back on SW today though. It is hard, but looking at your weight loss to date you have done so so well! You should try and focus on how well you have already done and how far you have come as much as you can, and hopefully this will help to spur you on a bit! I hope you feel better about everything very soon! xx

You need to go easy on yourself!!

I've had times like this and i've set myself a date that I will get back on track, and then enjoy the things i'm missing. I usually find I don't want as much as i thought, and end up back on plan sooner than i'd planned to.

I also think it could help if you find something to do for yourself. It's not pleasant being in a job where you're bottom of the heap - i've been there!! I took up an evening course in dress-making and have loved it and feel i've got a bit more of 'me' back. It's only a small thing, but i'm glad I stopped putting off all the things I want to do.

I have been too hard on myself and I am going to try and do one thing every day to make me feel better, starting with a trip to the job centre! I don't think people realise how they can make me feel, yes I'm a cleaner but at least I have a job and I'm trying to scrape together enough money to dig myself out of the debt I got in when a friend I was working for screwed me out of 3 months wages. I could just sit on my backside on the dole, let them take me to court, ruin my credit and let all the weight pile on. Don't put me down as just another lazy cleaner when you don't know me! I've woken up this morning very angry that I'm letting them get me down!

Bless you,you sound very stressed and dieting and stress are not a good mix why don't you just try and eat sensible untill you feel more postivie, so call it "healthy eating" rather than strict dieting....I know when Im stressed my weigh always goes up,When my husband was laid off from Honda for 4 months I had to go back to work full time (having been a stay at home mum) and with two small children at home it was hard and I put lots of weight on then I relised that it was only making me more unhappy so I just started to eat more healty and started to lose weight then I joined slimming world........ You don't have to do exercise and a diet maybe just do one or the other for a little while...

Hope everything works out for you,Money worrys are the worst but remember we all have them x x

If you need any help with debts I couldn't recommend payplan enough - they're a charity that help get your debt payments into manageable monthly payments. They give you so much information, and everyone i've spoken to has always been so nice - I found it a complete relief just to know there were people who could help!

The citizen's advice might be worth a trip too with regards to the 3 months wages you're owed.

I would never underestimate the work of a cleaner, I think they do a brilliant job, certainly something I would do.

When I was a uni a friend of mine did cleaning whilst studying. Whilst cleaning at one place somebody asked what else she did & she said I'm a uni, 'oh do you clean there also', no she said I'm a student.

Yes we do all have money worries & as you get older they are still there but the 'worries' change. I'm 44 & think it's not too long until I retire (hopefully late 50's)then I'll just have my pension and won't be able to get a loan easily so how to I pay for a new car for example. Ok so I'm thinking far ahead but all the same it's still a concern.

Have you been on Martin's money tips, I think they have a tool for working out income/expenditure there are also some handy tips on saving money.

Just take things easy, and try and relax worring about everything won't change a thing.;)

I'm not the only one he owes money to and no one can find the little sod to bring legal proceedings against him!
I will however try pay plan, I need some of the pressure taken off.

I would try and do some exercise to get some endorphins flowing to make you feel better/help with the depression. If you normally do the same thing is there a different class etc you could go to to spice things up a bit again? I know I get bored stupid on the treadmill at the gym, but when running outside time flies by!

How about trying some of your "fat clothes" on to show yourself just how far you have come? Might help get your mojo back?

Good luck!

Back