Where's my wages gone....

I know the feeling, there's so many bills i.e gas, electric, water, council tax etc that once you've paid all them there's no money left, it's crazy.

I really see where you are coming from. :(
Although I consider myself pretty good at budgeting, the money just seems to fly out of my account and wallet.
When I was a single mum and on a pretty low budget, I started excel sheets with all my in- and outgoings. That way I knew precisely how much money I had down to the single day. Might I'll start that again, just to see, where the cash is haemorrhaging to.

Is there anything you haven't done to bring down your bills?
For example, we got a water meter and our usage now works out about £150 a year cheaper than the flatrate (that is not having a huge garden to water).
Got dual fuel paid by direct debit each month, this way we saved another £60 - £90 annually.
I know these are not life-changing amounts, but it still all adds up,
Do you receive all the tax credits you may be entitled to?
Just a few suggestions.
It is getting pretty rough trying to stay afloat in this country.
Jill x

I was paid on Wednesday & that's mine nearly all gone same story every month :sigh:
to make matters worse the exhaust fell off my car last night so just had to pay out 60 quid I didn't have to begin with.
God gonna feel like a lifetime till end of the month :sigh::sigh:

I only got paid yesterday and it's nearly all gone :(:sigh:

Do you now I had this conversation with one of the girls I know in Iceland yesterday. She said she never sees a penny of her wages and only half of hubby's . Scary stuff.

Is there anything you haven't done to bring down your bills?
For example, we got a water meter and our usage now works out about £150 a year cheaper than the flatrate (that is not having a huge garden to water).
Got dual fuel paid by direct debit each month, this way we saved another £60 - £90 annually.
I know these are not life-changing amounts, but it still all adds up,
Do you receive all the tax credits you may be entitled to?
Just a few suggestions.
It is getting pretty rough trying to stay afloat in this country.
Jill x

I think we might be in for a huge shock when we come back to blighty which is one of the reasons we have decided to rent for the first year just in case we want to escape.

It is just the same here We rarely have any disposable money and never have a holiday.......holiday what luxury I got excited today cos DH got home early and said let's go shopping together, only for food, but the thought of doing it together was a real treat How sad is that

On the credit side in the UK there is help if you need it. Here there is little or nothing.

I will not moan, I will not moan, I will not moan !!!!!!! lol !!!

I think I just did lol !

hi, were the same, i feel it's going to so much harder, just the weekly shop itself isgetting scarry by the week. This week i'm trying something new, i'm cutting out buying the special offers(unless it's something that we really use a lot of and it is a special). Needed to get printer ink, and, spent 2 hrs, checking out all the deals to get the best one, mind you i did save myself about£15!!

It has made us all stop and think before we splurge on anything The price of petrol alone is enough to steal all your hard earned cash

I shop in about 5 supermarkets these days. Fortunately they are all close and on the same main road Gone are the days of buying in 1 or 2 supermarkets because it is easier or more convenient.

We are the same been out of work since October. Following SW (eating healthily) is not cheaper than rubbish food the BOGOF biscuits and sweets are ususally on offer but not the good stuff.

Nevertheless its worth it for the weight and health benefits.

The exhaust fell off my husbands car the other night too £90 for welding couldnt afford a new exhaust.

Anything that crops up birthdays, car repairs are a big problem.

Sympathise with everyone who feels the pinch.:sigh:

Back