Whew, What a weekend

smuller73

Well I have just had a rather crappy weekend. Realized on Thursday that my daughter had caught chicken pox.:( Being at home was very bad for my diet especially when trying to keep a sick child occupied to take her mind off the itching by making cupcakes (her current favourite thing to do.) We have been stuck in the whole weekend as she is contagious and almost all our friends have small children. My hubby, daughter and I were going a bit stir crazy :crazy: especially as I was facing another few days at home with little Miss Spotty when my lovely MIL phoned to say she had packed her bags and was travelling the 150 miles from where she lives to come and look after her grandaughter so we could get back to work. My daughter is over the moon and I have to confess so am I as my picking has added a few pounds back on this weekend as I wasn't really focussing on my diet :break_diet:and although I loved the extra time with my daughter, it wasn't under the best circumstances.
Due to the picky nature of my weekend I was planning on dropping a point for the next few days to try and get back on track. Advice anyone??

i think your doing the right thing just drop a point a day and track everything.. it will even out in time for WI then, sorry ur little ones ill 3 out of 4 of mine have been ill over the weekend and my sone is off school today with a sick bug.. its not fun! good luck for the week ahead!
nic x

I actually felt a bit guilty being happy to go back to work and worrying about my diet. I'm not used to putting myself first and it felt like the wrong time to do it but I have to remember that my MIL is loving feeling useful and my daughter is really happy to have her Ouma* here and probably not missing me at all.

(*Ouma is Afrikaans for gran, literal translation "old mother")

smuller73 awww poor wee thing hope the pox clear up soon and i would say fill up on lots of 0point soup to take the nibbling away! x

nicolaann hope ur kiddies are better soon and hte sickness bugs soon leave! x

i have a wee gorl who is developing a cough i too have a sore throat so hope she doesnt have it as it annoying but she not right with it extra grumpy and making a mummy stresssed aint good as i feel like i want gooey chocolate! grr managing to stay away so far x

Back