Which Diet Works Best

Gwendolin

Hi, I'm new! I've done WW and SW before and lost weight on both. With WW I lost 2 st in 8 months back in my 20s (I'm 47 now). I did SW most recently when I lost 1.5 st in 6 months (trouble is I put most of that back on and although I kept going to classes I wasn't motivated). I've re-started SW about 4 times and I just can't get going again.
I've also tried Dukan, GI, Orlistat, SlimFast in my time.
My problem right now is that I don't have time for meetings, I work full time at a desk so I don't exercise and I have a hubby and son who think eating salad is a form of torture, so I end up cooking 2 meals unless I can plan ahead. And I have a serious shortage of willpower. I believe SW can work if you really stick at it, but I find sticking to it hard work.
I'm guessing most of you can identify with me - so my question is - has anyone been in this situation and finally found something that works?
Your opinions would be gratefully received!!
Thanks
G

Reactions: ebi
Hi Gwendolin

It's not new and exciting, but Slimming World is still my favourite diet.

I've had that feeling before when I just can't motivate myself and I think that maybe a new diet will help me feel reenergised, but actually it's not the diet that is the issue - it's my head. Slimming World is easy peasy to stick to as long as your head is in the right place.

I guess what I'm trying to get as is that it's not a new diet you need but new motivation so here are some ideas to help you get your head in the right zone to do it.....

Get some diet magazines or look on the Internet and find some real life success stories and before and after pictures.

Give yourself short term goals - stick to it for a day, 2 days, a week. Aim to lose half a stone this month and put a chart on the wall where you will see it everyday.

Give yourself a target to lose weight for - a new dress for an occasion, a holiday etc

Hope this help

Hi, I'm new! I've done WW and SW before and lost weight on both. With WW I lost 2 st in 8 months back in my 20s (I'm 47 now). I did SW most recently when I lost 1.5 st in 6 months (trouble is I put most of that back on and although I kept going to classes I wasn't motivated). I've re-started SW about 4 times and I just can't get going again.
I've also tried Dukan, GI, Orlistat, SlimFast in my time.
My problem right now is that I don't have time for meetings, I work full time at a desk so I don't exercise and I have a hubby and son who think eating salad is a form of torture, so I end up cooking 2 meals unless I can plan ahead. And I have a serious shortage of willpower. I believe SW can work if you really stick at it, but I find sticking to it hard work.
I'm guessing most of you can identify with me - so my question is - has anyone been in this situation and finally found something that works?
Your opinions would be gratefully received!!
Thanks
G
I tried cwp-ss 4 years ago and lost 44lbs in 6 weeks. I gained back about 39lbs bcoz I let myself loose after a major operation. Last year I tried keto for 3 weeks and got tired of the meal plan. I hope to go back on cwp-ss next week. I really hope I would be able to keep up, because I have tried so many other diet plans that did not work for me.

Back