which flavours do you like best?

Discussion in 'Lighter Life Forum' started by Yorkiegirl, 10 January 2007 Social URL.

1. Yorkiegirl

Yorkiegirl is happy being Yorkiegirl

I am interested to know which flavours you like best. I start tomorrow night, so lowdown please!
  2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. meghan1409

meghan1409 Full Member

In the first few weeks, I had a variety of the LL food packs, and liked most of them... I found the raspberry and vanilla made me a bit queasy after a while, so I phased them out...

Really did quite like the chicken, veg and mushroom soups - absolutely DETEST thai chilli... but from about week 4 or 5 onwards, I've had just chocolate

It's the only one I can convince myself is near enough to the real deal - with boiling water, it can be a nicely thick hot chocolatey thing - DEFINITELY no worse than the instant hot chocs in sachets (confirmed by my non LL friends).

I love the lemon, fruit and toffee bars. I wish we could have those all the time. I actually ENJOY the taste of those.

CLUCKS Full Member

its all down to personal taste.....

So many people are different.... I started off with choc shakes & raspberry shakes either for breakfast & pudding. I always had 2 soups a day, 1 veg & 1 chicken but I prefered the veg. Then I tried thai chilli & love it have at least 1 pack a day.
    I can only eat the bars if I cook them into biscuits & I also love the savoury packs cooked into crisps.
    I love vanilla made into hot latte also caramels nice like this too. I like the vanilla with loads of ice mixed into a thick shake.
    I also now have to have a sweetner with my vanilla shake - which is amazing as I don't have a sweet tooth!
  5. Jodie

Jodie Member

Lighter Life

Personally, I like Thai Chilli and Mushroom soups best (which was conpletely unexpected). Chicken is OK but a bit bland. I don't like vegetable, but it is the one that tastes a bit 'different', so its nice for a bit of variation sometimes.

I hated the chocolate as a hot chocolate and the raspberry as a milkshake. And I dont really like the caramel or vanilla that much (although maybe I will give them another go as mousses). Chocolate and raspberry are really nice as mousses.

I always have a soup first, then a bar (toffee) as a snack and then another soup and either a chocolate or raspberry mousse in the evening.

Everyone is different though and its definitely worth giving everything a try at the beginning, and then giving everything another go when you are about a month in as your taste buds change.

Good Luck! xx
  6. Cake'n'eat it

Cake'n'eat it Full Member

Lighter Life
    Its funny because everyone on my group likes different things. Some love Coffees made with Vanilla or Caramel. I think most find the chocolate most palettable. I quite like the vegetable soup which I make with a spoon of Marigold Boullion or Savoury Drink mix - I make it up to 500mls and eat it with a spoon which makes it last ages.

The mushroom and Thai soups are ok. I only like the Chicken flavour made as crisps. After 12 weeks though I am pretty bored of all of them. Like Clucks I can only eat the bars is they are cooked, ( cut them into 12 and put 3 at a time on some non-stick baking paper into the microwave for one minute) - may favourites are the Lemon but I do have a selection of all the bars.

The water flavours from LL are quite expensive - I get CD ones from ebay which are half the price and ok.

The best advice is to have a try of all the flavours and find which ones you like. It can be a long haul so add in variety after the first couple of weeks by trying out the recipies. I wouldn't rule out any packs based on someone elses preference. One lady I know only has chocolate and bars and it suits her fine.

Good luck and have a good first week - its the toughest but its well worth it!
  7. Yorkiegirl

I know the counsellor who did my intro talk had nothing but chocolate shakes for weeks, she said it helped her focus on her aim. Will get a few to try and see how I go.
  8. Stardreamer

Stardreamer Supportive

Start Weight:
    Current Weight:
    Goal Weight:
    I love all the soups with loads of tabasco sauce!! I find that this helps me drink more water as it is very spicy!!
    Great thread!!
  9. slinkytobe

slinkytobe Full Member

Hello Anna,
    I have just read parts of your blog and I am so sorry you have had to go through all that. Well done to you though for being so positive! Remember to just come on here if you need some strength. I wish you and your lovely daughters alot of luck.
    I think you do have to try out all the flavours for yourself. I am on day 4 and they do taste better every time I have one. I though my first (Thai Chilli) was disgusting, but I have had it since and quite enjoyed it.
    Just off to have my Caramel one before I have an early night!
  10. Yorkiegirl

I got a mix of all the flavours of soups and shakes, so I will let you know which I like and which I loathe! Here's to tomorrow morning!
  11. skinnyminny

skinnyminny Full Member

Start Weight:
    Current Weight:
    Goal Weight:
    Hi YorkieGirl

I love Tai Chill as a soup - I can't get enough of it. Also one of the girls in my group likes to mix the chocolate one and make a muffin - although mine have never turned out muffin like, so not sure what her secret is!!!!

Good luck with your first day - I am now on day 8 and feeling great and not hungry at all. Keep drinking the water, I am convinced that is the key to it all.

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.