Which frozen veggies are nice?

I always have frozen sprouts, peppers, sweetcorn and peas.

I've tried the broccolli and cauli several times but I just can't seem to stop them from being mushy.

I buy frozen mixed veg, broccoli, sprouts, cauliflower, peas. You just have to check the ingredients to make sure only veggies are in there - some brands like to chuck in some oils...
I also do buy tinned veg such as petit pois, carrots, sweetcorn.
I cannot get on with frozen peppers - I find they go slimy when I use them.

Problem I encounter is finding space IN the freezer - LOL

I like the frozen leeks too. A big bag for £1 in Farmfoods and half does a huge pan of leek and potato soup.

I don't get frozen vegetables very often as I have a tiny freezer compartment. I have bought the following from Waitrose in the past:
Chestnuts - excellent
Butternut Squash - excellent
Roasted Peppers - very good

Frozen leeks??? No that would be good. Fresh ones are a bit pricey and I hate washing the grit out of them. I did have a look in Asda yesterday, and there was nothing exciting. Will try Tesco and Sainsbury next time I go.

I buy frozen mixed veg, broccoli, sprouts, cauliflower, peas. You just have to check the ingredients to make sure only veggies are in there - some brands like to chuck in some oils...
I also do buy tinned veg such as petit pois, carrots, sweetcorn.
I cannot get on with frozen peppers - I find they go slimy when I use them.

Problem I encounter is finding space IN the freezer - LOL

Tinned sweetcorn is 6 syns per 100g :(

what a fright i got there as i had sweetcorn in a can the other night on green. xx

Green Giant Niblets Sweetcorn, canned 100g[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]
extraeasy.gif
0 Syn on Extra Easy
red.gif
Original 5 Syns
green.gif
Green Free
[/FONT]
[/FONT]

Back