Which group to go to?

HI all well Iam wanting to start a group this month, but not sure which to go for weight watchers or slimming world?

I am wanting to lose about 4 stone.

Look forward to reading all advise given,thanks

I know that WW are offering a free joining fee offer right now, you just pay the weekly fee. I would try that and see what the diet is like, then if its not for you try SW next week

I think there's an offer at SW for joining too.

Have a think about your lifestyle and which plan will fit better with you. Also be honest with yourself and consider what your downfalls on diets might be (if any) and then think about which diet would provide the best solution to that.

They're both good plans, for me it's SW all the way, but I know WW works just as well for other people.

Good luck!

I think SW have an offer in Bella magazine this week.

For me personally it is SW all the way but everybody is different and you need to weigh up which plan you prefer. I like the fact that there are so many free foods on SW that you never need to feel hungry and you don't really have to weigh things - apart from healthy extras. However I know some people prefer WW because you don't have to cook things from scratch so much.

Good luck on whichever plan you choose

Hi
I am going to start ww this week there is a offer on free joining fee and monthly pass for £12.99 also you can now eat fruit freely it has no points . I have picked this diet as i need to cut down my portion size and cal intake as sw you can eat large amounts which i feel cant be healthy as it you come off the diet you are going to still eat that amount of the wrong foods which will just pile on the weight again and more which has happend to me in the past .

well all the best of luck!

I love the chicken noodle soup! YUM

Lisax

i dont know about SW, but a work mate is on WW and shes done really well on it :)

I love SW, only because you can snack on as much fruit and veg as you like and with WW you have to count fruit as points, and in my head if I was going to use points I tended to use them on unhealthy things instead !!

I've been to slimming world a few times. For me I find it the easiest and most convenient diet to follow. It fits around my work life and its easy to cater for the whole family on it.
However I would say that I find myself getting rather cocky with it and not weighing things etc and cheating slightly. Ive started back today with all the good intentions of seeing it through till i hit my target but Im not sure if its bordom with the plan and that Im in need of a new challenge or just laziness??? Feeling kind of low :tear_drop:, maybe its the January Blues, who knows. Just need to get my motivation back and really do this!!!!!

I love SW, only because you can snack on as much fruit and veg as you like and with WW you have to count fruit as points, and in my head if I was going to use points I tended to use them on unhealthy things instead !!

actually thats totally incorrect. Vegetables have always been free on WW and fruit is free now too.

actually thats totally incorrect. Vegetables have always been free on WW and fruit is free now too.

what even potatoes and corn ?

Thought that there were points in them ?

Lisa x

shame really as i love potatoes, if only i could find a diet where I can eat chocolate, crisps etc and still loose weight!

shame really as i love potatoes, if only i could find a diet where I can eat chocolate, crisps etc and still loose weight!

If that were a diet there would be hardly any overweight people!!!

I totally rate SW over WW but it is years since I did WW and I think it has got better since then. Agree that SW large portions are great when you are on diet but if you fall off the wagon big time you take a huge appetite with you, which isn't so good. On the plus side though, if you really get into it, get the magazine etc there are some fabulous recipes. I have been through my second pregnancy and three months none dieting grace before taking it seriously again and despite not dieting for a year, still pretty much only cooked slimming world meals through that time - I can hardly believe it but nearly all my run of the mill weekly meals are slimming world ones, and my whole family is happy eating them. I think that says a lot about the flexibility of the plan and how it can be about long term lifestyle change - not losing weight then stopping the diet and piling it all back on again!

Back