Which is better for a green day?

LisaC

Gold Member
Im off to frankie & benny's for dinner, being veggie the choice is limited but which do you think would be best to choose:

Option 1 - Penne tossed with fresh chilli and olives with garlic in a rich tomato sauce.

Option 2 - Cannelloni filled with spinach and ricotta, topped with Neapolitan sauce and mozzarella cheese.

Option 3 - Veg burger - mediterranean style combination of red peppers, olives, sun dried tomatoes and mozzarella cheese. Served with lettuce, fresh tomato, red onion, dill pickle and mayo.

I was opting for one of the pastas but the rich sauce could really tot up the syn value...

I reckon option 1 hun, count 6 syns for a tablespoon of oil, they can't possibly have more than that in it, and i think you'll be ok.

I always go for option 1 when I go. I think there is a lot of oil and the olives are massive but its still the healthiest id say. Use your olive oil b choice and count a few syns for the olives.

DO NOT let whoever you're with order the onion rings as a side. They are lethal!! ;)

xx

I always go for option 1 when I go. I think there is a lot of oil and the olives are massive but its still the healthiest id say. Use your olive oil b choice and count a few syns for the olives.

Oops Ive already had both B choices today! Ah well, it'll all go in syns (& probably tomorrows too!) :)

I was thinking about the olive oil B, you can't guarantee that they make it with olive oil, despite the olive content of the meal. I'd just syn it and save me B for sups or a hifi bar with a night time cuppa if I want it.

And yeah i'd jib off the olives too, good call! But i'd be fuming cos i'd have paid about £8 for pasta and what is probably passata.

Quite often when I go to Frankie and Benny's I get the veg risotto - it's gorgeous but prob fairly still not great syn wise.

haha damn, and you can't get the mixed grill with extra chips and a big fat chocolate cake? What a jip!

ohhh nooooo :( Sorrreeeeeeee!

Nice daddy though taking you for a treat, give him big hugs later.

Option 1 hun. I've had it before, less the nasty olives and I order a side salad (no dressing) and a side of corn on the cob. I always feel robbed with a bowl of pasta and no extras whilst all around are scoffing burgers, chips, onion rings and corn.

Back