Which is better LL or CD?

mizzyk

4 stone to go
I am doing the Lighter Life Diet and am plodding along on it and not really enjoying it...I spoke to a friend who told me she is doing the Cambridge diet after starting on the LL diet but then switched and is finding the CD much better for her as it costs less and they have nicer food packs....and they get some thing called add a meal???

Can anybody really tell me which is the better and nicer diet??? I am struggling to find the £66 a week for the LL diet and my friend told me i could probably save £30 if I switched?

:confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused:

I haven't done CD only LL but for me the issue isn't the money it is changing my thought patterns and having a tool box of coping strategies so that I can keep the weight off when I have lost it, rather than just losing the weight.

My biggest fear is putting it all back on so for me the important bit is understanding why I overeat and learning strategies for coping with life afterwards.

Good luck in whatever you decide to do.

Just an added thought, I don't particularly care whether they are "nice" or not as they aren't a replacement for food, I consider them purely as nourishment for my body whilst I lose the weight. If I wanted "taste" I wouldn't be doing this diet!!

Hi Mizzy, I'm only on CD for 6 days so cant say which is better, but I was well turned off LL because of the cost, especially when all u got extra was a couple of hours 'counselling' so I never bothered signing up for it.....I think some people may need the group sessions LL provide, but I just couldnt afford it in time and money!! Just do whatever works for you hun..I've heard LL has a lot less flavours than CD, but some people might do better on less options anyway, good luk watever u decide to do!!

I love LL and it is working for me but for 2 of my closest friends and my mum, LL wasn't for them and they started on CD.

There are more food pack options on CD and they do the mix a mouse which is brill but I fond the milkshakes sweeter and so not so nice.

If the counselling isn't for you then go with the CD because there is no point in paying out over 30 quid extra for counselling you aren't getting the benefit from.

Not only do CD have more food pack options (you only have 3 a day though if you are under 5ft8) but also there are more diet plans which includes add a meal (which is a misnomer because it is actually add a nibble :D ) and other higher calorie plans which make the diet far more flexible than LL if you are able to cope with flexibility successfully (too much of a temptation to cheat for me).

The point I am trying to make is that although I would never have got as far as I have on CD or changed enough to be able to keep the weight off (I'm a bit dumb and need extra help :p ) there are plenty of people for whom CD is the perfect answer in the same way that LL has been the perfect answer for me.

So look inwards, what do you need? Do you need extra help to find out what your food issues are and then how to deal with them? Would you benefit from being able to have an add a nibble week every 5th week or would this be too much of a temptation and send you off the rails or give you and excuse to cheat?

Only you can decide ;)

Hi Everyone,

Just wanted to say hi, i am on day 31 of LL and i love it, i also agree with what others have said about the flavours. They are not bad and to be honest i think you get used to them. But i also believe that its not the taste but its has all the vitamins, minerals etc that my body needs.

The councelling has opened my eyes so far, i know that i have a long way to go though but so far so good.

I know that it is expensive but then i also hthink of the amount of money that i used to spend on food for me, just for one week e.g sat night takeaway odd kfc when with kids. Sandwiches etc it all adds up.

Have a good think, and what ever you decide i wish you luck

Gem xx

Hiya,

Just an update guys...I have decided to switch over to the CD for a number of reasons... mainly cost but I really dont like the counselling at LL as I am not getting anything out of it.

I spoke to my nearest CDC today and she is comming to visist me 2MRW with my Foodpacks and have a chat.

Also I did not realise that the CD has so many flavors compared to LL, I wish I knew about CD before LL.

Thanks for those who gave me thier opinion it really helped.

Good luck mizzy, I have also switched over to CD from LL, mainly because the counselling was not doing much for me after 12 weeks doing it. I am really enjoying CD and find it a bit more flexible as well.

Good luck hon!

Good luck babe
Looking forward to hearing how it goes.
I am doing Cd and it is working for me but as others have said LL works for them,
we are all here for the same reason and what ever works for you is the way to go.
Good luck babe.
{{{HUGS}}}

good luck with it mizzy, i also start CD 2mora after doing my 100 days on LL. im swapping mainly for financial reasons and im hoping that what i have learnt over that time with LL and what i am going to be learning about myself on CD will prevent me from gaining any weight once i start eating again....if that makes sense

good luck with it and keep us posted....im looking forward to trying all the new flavours...cant wait for them!!!!

:)

Best of luck with CD mizzy and enjoy those new flavours :D

Perhaps digging out the old LL foundation book and reminding yourself how far you have come and what you have learnt along the way would help you every now and again. Of coarse the sorting your head out threads on minimins are pretty damn good too ;)

Are you going to do a diary thread or just tease us with the odd post every now and again? :p

Mizzy or others who have changed

Did you tell your LL counsellor you were moving onto CD. I'm in week 2 of LL having lost 11.5lbs at first weigh in. Obviously I'm delighted, but can't say I'm impressed with the group counselling. So far at the 2 sessions I've been at, its same stuff I done in psychology classes at uni last year. My CDC lives 10 mins away compared to 40 for LL counsellor.

Bit worried about saying I'm leaving already but the £33.60 cost appeals as well.

Mizzy or others who have changed

Did you tell your LL counsellor you were moving onto CD. I'm in week 2 of LL having lost 11.5lbs at first weigh in. Obviously I'm delighted, but can't say I'm impressed with the group counselling. So far at the 2 sessions I've been at, its same stuff I done in psychology classes at uni last year. My CDC lives 10 mins away compared to 40 for LL counsellor.

Bit worried about saying I'm leaving already but the £33.60 cost appeals as well.

The first few weeks are lightweight and mainly 'getting to know you' stuff to get everyone feeling more settled and confident about doing the heavier stuff. As the weeks progress the topics get deeper and the workload increases.

If you decide to shift to Cambridge then why not tell your counsellor why you are leaving before you go? :)

Thanks COM

I've made decision to move, seeing CDC tomorrow and emailed LL counsellor. I'm ready to get going on CD and looking forward to paying half the price.

Good luck to everyone whether you're on LL or CD .. both plans are the best possible way to lose weight safely and rapidly.

As Chicken said, some people really benefit from the counselling sessions offered by LL whilst others are more attracted by the wider variety of flavours, flexibility and lower cost of CD.

Whichever VLCD you choose, stick to the plan and you'll soon see those pesky pounds shifting :)

Back