Which plan to Follow after Breast Cancer Treatment and Beyond?

On The Way Back

I am a few years down the line after being treated for Breast Cancer.(Surgery,Chemo and radiation, not on any medication).
So I can not "blame " medication for my none weightloss.
I have been following EE for a long time now. And regardless of what I do nothing shifts. Yes I do truly know that Extra Easy is not working with my body. Done the food diaries, loads and loads of super free foods, weighed and counted everything that needs weighed and counted. Class Consultant cant see anything wrong with what I have been doing. Suggested changing plan, but did not know of anyone in my position , so could not recommend which plan, or how to adapt them. i have read a few of the magazines and not found anyone who has had Breast Cancer and then gone on to lose weight and get to target with SW.

All I would like to do is find someone else who is in a similar situation to myself and has had sucess on SW. Because I know it is a healthy way to lose weight and live.

Being in menopose it does not help or hopefully through menopose.Who knows when the next flush or mood swing will come.Or if the last one has been and gone. i just ignore it now.
I know hormones play a big part in slow and non weightloss. And I really think the very necessary treatment I had, has really mucked up my metabolism. This is acceptable as it had a lot of work to do.And there are always prices to pay.
But I know there must be some healthy way to get this weight off and me back to a healthy weight.And i think SW will have the answer.
I have searched various words , but cant seem to find out who is in my position and how they have got round it.
Non of the above is a complaint just a wee hurdle to get over and then I can get on with shifting the weight and living my life.

Thanks for reading this far,and I hope this thread has not upset anyone.

Hiya - PM winging it's way to you but forgot to mention that as far as I was aware, the jury is still out on if/which foods may or may not cause/promote BC. As SW is all about low fat & a good variety of fruit & veg - there'll be no specific adaptations required. One book I read basically promoted a mediterranean diet (East Europe has an extremely low BC incidence apparently) so perhaps incorporate some EVOO as either a HE or as syns.

Good Luck.

Last edited:
Thanks Minimunchkins, Pmed you back.
I believe in a healthy diet with no restrictions. Everything in moderation.Well obviously I did not obey the moderation bit.As we can see. The one thing I am not keen on using is /are artificial sweetners. They say there is no proof either way, but I would just rather not use them.
I am sure though in my heart of hearts that SW must be the way to go. All that fresh fruit and veg you are encouraged to eat and reduction of fats etc. All good sound advice. Just wish this body would wake up to the good stuff it is getting.
Thanks again.

Just to say I decided to take your advice and as of Sunday started to follow the RED /Original Plan.
Hard to plan at the moment, feels a bit like patting my head and rubbing my tummy.
Hard to forget Extra Easy. And that was hard to get to grips with when I first started SW.
But it soon became a habit. So RED will become the new habit.

Thanks again.

Back